Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for "Cat Tonic"

KarenS.
September 27th, 2006, 11:18 AM
I have a 3 year old (spayed, indoor) female cat. She is extremely timid and runs away from most people. It took me about a year to be able to touch and pet her (and some day I hope to pet her belly!). She is fairly comfortable around me now, but in the last while she has become much more timid and jumpy. We moved to a new apartment recently that had a several cats. While the smell of these previous cats has made Molly meow and talk much more (good thing!), she has also become very jumpy. For example, I was reading a book the other night and she was at my feet. When I turned the page of the book, the noise scared her and she just about jumped out of her skin.

I read in this forum a while ago about a safe (hopefully natural) tonic that I can give to my cat to help to calm her. Can anyone remember the name of the tonic? I would like to investigate it to see if it might help Molly.

Alternatively, if you think that I am "off the wall" with this, can anyone make any recommendations.

Prin
September 27th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I think it's rescue remedy you're looking for...

KarenS.
September 27th, 2006, 11:29 AM
That's exactly it. Does it work? I'm not looking for any major personality changes, just a cat with a little less jumpiness.

Prin
September 27th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I've never used it... It's worth a try.:shrug:

badger
September 27th, 2006, 11:57 AM
It's made by Bach Remedies. If she won't eat a few drops in her food, put it in her water bowl. Don't expect huge changes, it will be very subtle. I have a scaredy cat as well and he flits around me as if we just met yesterday. We have our aha moments, but I don't expect much will change. That's just the way he is, a bit of a ninny.

BMDLuver
September 27th, 2006, 03:25 PM
There's another solution called Biocalm that you can get through your vet. It's natural and has a calming effect meaning it will reduce the anxiety naturally.