Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Breaking News-wee[feral]wili Trapped!!

kashtin's kin
September 27th, 2006, 12:33 AM
OMG...sorry for all the caps, but Wee Wihelmina is FINALLY in a :eek: livetrap:thumbs up , awaiting a.m. transport to the vet clinic. As those familiar with 'kastin's kin/feral cat advice needed' know, WW is the mother of the Two Pumas & Sparkadelic (3-4 mo. old feral kittens trapped, and now in varying stages of 'domestication', in various rooms in our house!).

WW is also the girlfriend of Darrell the Feral, who hub and I livetrapped a week ago...much to our surprise (he had not been around much at all, while WW has been in the vicinity munching our cat food since the spring). Darrell was FIV-checked, vacc'd, neutered and released; a good thing, but we really wanted to nab WW before she got pregnant...or very far along.

It's been a long haul with feeding, capturing and gentling WW's 2006 brood, and the mere thought of repeating all that makes me need a nap! So now, WW is good to go; one advantage of having gone through this routine with D the F is that we're a bit more prepared. It's :fingerscr time re: FIV test, preg check etc. OOH, I just hope things go okay.

In a real emergency, I have in the past reacted with surprising-to me:D !-coolness, but these kitty dramas get me really rattled. After we got WW stowed in the garage with a towel and horse blanket over the livetrap, I had to put my horses in the barn; I was getting all messed up in my routine, to the point that the horses were ready to hit their speed-dial to the SPCA!

If anyone has any feedback of any kind (or any horse tranquilizers for moi...you'd think I'd have some?!), please feel free to chime in.:fingerscr

Prin
September 27th, 2006, 01:20 AM
:highfive: Good job! These kitties are so lucky to have stumbled onto your territory.:grouphug:

mummummum
September 27th, 2006, 01:21 AM
No advice...just wanted you to know you are an :angel: for doing all of this !

rainbow
September 27th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Congrats on finally capturing momma and I hope she checks out as good as Darrell the Feral. How are the kids doing?

cpietra16
September 27th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Nice work:thumbs up One family safe. and soon to be happy...and 5 more to go???:rolleyes:

kashtin's kin
September 28th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Thanks so much for the posts, above folks:grouphug: !!!! You helped me get through yet another intense feral mini-drama. WW is all tucked up at the vet clinic tonight...for more details please see the 'Feral Cat Capture' thread :thumbs up .