Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need Help With My Stray Dog!!!

aartigosai
September 26th, 2006, 07:29 PM
About six months ago, I let a stray dog, which looked just couple months old, in to take care of because of her weight loss. I had noticed on her belly that she had the same scar that my other dog had from being spayed so I thought it was even better since she was fixed. For the past couple of days there has been several strays around the house and today I noticed that Lady had some blood spots down there. I truly believed that she was fixed, so I was thinking that maybe she bled from a dog trying to mount her. Is that possible or am I just making up excuses for her not being fixed after all?
If anyone could help me figure out what is going on, it would really help.
Thank you

the gang
September 26th, 2006, 08:03 PM
it sounds to me like she is in heat, what type of dog is she

Prin
September 26th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Please get her spayed asap. It would be such a shame if she got pregnant.:(

More often than not, strays are not fixed. If somebody cared enough to do it, it's not likely they'd be on the street.

rainbow
September 26th, 2006, 10:25 PM
I agree. Please take her to the vet to get checked and post with an update.

aartigosai
September 27th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I took my dog to the vet this morning and the vet determined that my stray is in heat after all. He also said that my dog is still a puppy. She is only 8 months old. Anyways I have set up an appointment to get her fixed on October 11th. Thanks for the responses though.

Prin
September 27th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Just either diaper her or keep her indoors. Mating can happen quickly and pregnancy could be deadly for such a young, unhealthy girl.

rainbow
September 27th, 2006, 11:22 PM
I agree. Pleasse keep her confined so she can't get pregnant.