Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

kitty flu? or something else?

MartiniGIrl
September 26th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I have cats of my own, Kitten who's about 3 and Monkey about 2 years. About 6 weeks ago I took in three foster kittens.

About 3-4 weeks after the newcomers, my Kitten started sneezing. a little sneeze here and there and then she was quite sick having pretty severe sneeze attacks. I took Kitten & Monkey to the vet to get shots but because Kitten was sick she didnt get her shots, instead he gave me antibiotics and some antihistomenes. He said it could be a cold or an allergy. Either way she was better in about 5 days.

Now one of the foster kittens has it. But he has it 10X worse. His left eye has been like a pool of water and he's severely congested and sneezes a lot. I had him looked at by someone from the foster care program; she gave him fluids and antibiotics as well.

But I was reading a bit about feline herpes. Apprently it causes flu-like symptoms as well.

Does anyone know anything about this? What are the symptoms of feline herpes besides flu symptom?

Is it possible that this is what these cats have? as for the watery eyes, it's just watery, not red, no sores or anything.

Luckily they all still have a good appetite. The one who has it the worse isnt eating as much, but he's still eating a fair amount.

Prin
September 26th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I think they all need a vet visit. We can't really say what it is or if it's deadly or not over the net.:shrug: