Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More random updates...(bloggish-style)

dtbmnec
September 26th, 2006, 10:11 AM
(You know I should probably blog this...could be funny!)

I swear today must be a Monday! (Of course if it was a monday I wouldn't be up at this time!)

I had to get up for class super early today (which is fine) to study for my test at 8am (the school needs to die scheduling tests that early!) and instead of eating breakfast I got to clean up my broken plates...:eek: Leo'd gotten up on the counter (yet again) and knocked half of them off resulting in an earsplitting shatter sound! I had to pry myself off the ceiling (along with my couch surfer and a friend who'd stayed over) while the boyfriend slept on unconcerned (possible murder-age of him later)...the boys are ok (I locked them all in the bathroom during clean up) and I think I've got it all so we're ok for that....now I just have to buy new dishes :frustrated: (I had no idea that Corel plates and things COULD break...lol the mugs are fine though :D ) Usually they get up on the counters because they're hungry and while I've had to revert to icky food yesterday morning (until the stores opened) I got them the "good" stuff again so they shouldn't be up there!

So then I go to get them more water/refill the bowl in case any shards got in there to be greeted with this horrifying gurgling sound from the tap followed by....nothing! It seems the city is falling apart and the water has been shut off :rolleyes: Thanks for letting me know! The water was off yesterday too so I haven't managed to have a shower in three days (I was supposed to shower yesterday.....ewwwwy!)...I'm debating enlisting the cats into cleaning me instead of them!

So far so good as far as the spraying goes....Pawz hasn't sprayed in a few days (that we can tell anyway)....he gets "demanned" tomorrow so hopefully we won't have this issue again! I still have to UV the place to find out where he did spray (and hopefully its not on the XBox...'course its dying anyway so it might not matter :p Don't tell Arron I said that) and clean up those places.

NOTE: speaking of cleaning...I've got this "get serious" stuff...anyone heard of it? Anyone know whether it'll kill my hardwood floors or not?

I also got my OSAP money in today (YAY!) so that means that I can start the boys on RAW....well after Pawz's surgery anyway (since its tomorrow and all that)...it also means that I can buy myself food! *dances* I can have cheese and ground beef again! Ooooh and Hamburger helper! *drools* I really gotta find a good place to get ground beef in bulk and maybe even other forms of meat.

I can't wait to go home and play more Paper Mario on the borrowed Gamecube....*sigh* I'm such a geek! To accentuate my geekiness: I want the Nintendo Wii!! I'm so happy! lol *drools* Twilight Princess here I come!!!

So overall my day has gone....well...yeah...lol

I can't wait for the rest of the day to appear! Only 8 more hours of class to go!

Megan

P.S. Yeah so some of it is off-topic...I'll update this about Pawz and Dart later when I know more :D...

Prin
September 26th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Uhh... maybe if you do your dishes before going to bed... :o :D

Glad Paws is getting neutered.:thumbs up

I miss government study money.:sad: :rip:

rainbow
September 26th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Or, if there's just a few, leave them in the sink. :D

Hope everything goes okay with Pawz tomorrow. :fingerscr

dtbmnec
September 26th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Well Dart was stuck today....he came home all happy and chipper and had confused the vet: Dart hates needles and vet visits but he PURRS the entire time! lol strange cat!

I think we have water again....turns out there were 10 watermains that broke in the area and that's why we didn't have water! How fun!

Megan

jiorji
September 26th, 2006, 06:21 PM
actually cats can purr when they're afraid or being defensive. Seriously, someone should get you a cat book about the quirky things cats do :cool: lol

Skryker
September 26th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Arrgghhh! The broken dishes! I hate that! BTW, do you often put your Corelle in the microwave? I've found that they get brittle that way-even though they are supposed to be microwave safe now. :frustrated:

I lived in Hamilton 6 years ago, so this might be old advice, but Farmer Al's used to have great deals on meat from time to time-10 lbs of ground beef for 10$, 5 lbs of boneless chicken breast for 10$, Sirloin steak for 1.99/lb. There was one downtown somewhere as well as one way up on the Mountain in Stoney Creek...check the Spec for the ads. Well worth it.

dtbmnec
September 26th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Arrgghhh! The broken dishes! I hate that! BTW, do you often put your Corelle in the microwave? I've found that they get brittle that way-even though they are supposed to be microwave safe now. :frustrated:

I lived in Hamilton 6 years ago, so this might be old advice, but Farmer Al's used to have great deals on meat from time to time-10 lbs of ground beef for 10$, 5 lbs of boneless chicken breast for 10$, Sirloin steak for 1.99/lb. There was one downtown somewhere as well as one way up on the Mountain in Stoney Creek...check the Spec for the ads. Well worth it.

Yeah I do put it in the microwave alot....its the really really old stuff though so its probably part of the reason why it broke so easily...*sigh*

Hmmm well I know my parents managed to get a cool deal on ground beef at their place and they're willing to shell out some extra money for it :) of course for future ref *I'm* the one eating it not the cats! lol

jiorji: nope I had no idea that they'd purr like that...Pawz has done it though....I have special cats yay! lol

I usually do stack the dishes and what not and AWAY from the edge however I seemed to have had a lapse in judgement the other night...*sigh* that's what I get huh? lol dishes before bed? what is this strange concept?! :p lol I gotta work on it but I'm supposed to be sharing dish duty with Arron....*sigh* that's not going well lol

On the plus side I gots me an iPod!!!! Yay! It cost less than the old MP3 player that I had from two months ago (I returned it for the money back cuz I was poor) Now I just have to worry about updating it and all...:) yay!

I think that's all for now...I'll let you guys know how Pawz does and hopefully he won't have any meltdowns like Leo did...

Megan

phoenix
September 26th, 2006, 09:58 PM
easy on the OSAP... it will bite you in the a$$ in a few years, girl.

rainbow
September 26th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I agree. ;)

jiorji
September 26th, 2006, 10:38 PM
osap is like the bottomless credit card. They let you take all you want and then WHAM!

i was never approved for OSAP. Apparently they said my parents have too much money. Just because I'm part of the family that doesn't mean I have access to their bank accounts :frustrated: and art school isn't cheap! *mumbles*

Prin
September 26th, 2006, 10:57 PM
:offtopic: That's why Quebec students went on strike (and won) to keep bursaries where they are. Instead of being several tens of thousands of dollars in debt, I graduated with only a few tens of thousands of dollars in debt.:D

dtbmnec
September 27th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Yeah I've got about 8k from this year...another 5 from the year before and another 10 from the year before that...PLUS my 24k line of credit with the bank...and well with the line of credit I have my credit and my parent's credits on the line (they had to cosign and if I can't pay they get to and they won't be able to)...and then people wonder why I'm stressed about money *sigh* All of that and its already biting me....

I'm saving most of it for rent and such things but I do need the money so I can get the boys started on RAW and get Pawz neutered....

I've still got to get a bloody job too...its soooo hard here in Hamilton...I keep applying to places but I'm not getting interviews...*sigh* Major frustration!

Megan

Prin
September 27th, 2006, 01:08 AM
my 24k line of credit with the bank:eek: Just remember no money is free... Even my "free" bursaries had to be declared on my income tax (and subsequently were taxed).

You don't want to ruin your credit before you even get started, you know?:o

dtbmnec
September 27th, 2006, 07:54 AM
:eek: Just remember no money is free... Even my "free" bursaries had to be declared on my income tax (and subsequently were taxed).

You don't want to ruin your credit before you even get started, you know?:o

*sigh* oh I know...unfortunately its how I paid to get my education...This had better pay off....:frustrated: I worked out the payments for my line of credit....$400/month for the next like 7 years (I think).....Osap is easy...its like a third of that a month...

Skryker: lol I posted a similar message on my blog about the meat etc. and another person told me about Farmer Al's on Rymal....I tried looking him up on the canada411 and didn't find anything :confused: Actually I found him through sheer luck....unfortunately he's not on a bus route (surprise surprise) and I'm not sure of anyone who can drive me out there...*sigh*

Ugh I decided to sleep with Pawz all night.....OMG what a mistake! Everytime I moved I was greeted with a crazy purring and kneading and drooly face sucking on the sheets. The boyfriend almost killed him a few times during the night too! Yeesh when I want the cat to sleep through the night on say the windowsill he instead decides that the bed is HIS! *cries* It is waaaaaaaay too early in the morning and I don't want to be up!

Megan

dtbmnec
September 27th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Well He went to the vet....:) I'll hear back after the surgery about how he's doing :D I go in at 5:50 to pick him up.

Little guy's curious as all heck though! lol Wouldn't stay still in the office! It was rather fun to watch.

He still hates the cars though (if I was his size I would too) and shivers and shakes the entire time. I wish there was something I could do to make him better about cars. I shall have to get him out on the leash some more I think and gradually work his way up on streets/car frequency until he doesn't shiver quite so much anymore! That way I'll be able to take him on walks! :D

After this I'm FREE!!!!!!! lol No more super expensive trips to the vet :fingerscr vet gave my boys the 1 year rabies shot and the other shots "wear out" in a year....I suppose that's the next hurdle with them...

Mentioned to the other vet about the RAW diet and he only warned me about MY health not the cats'! So I think we're good on that department...Now I just have to find the meat! W00T! Oh and I still need a knife to cut the meat into pieces to freeze...I'm wondering if I should go with my dream knives or not....depends on how much that is...:)

Anyways I'm rambling some more...so I'll shut up now until Pawz's news comes back. :D

Megan

dtbmnec
September 27th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Pawz is back! :D

He's much chippier than Leo was and we didn't get the rabies shot done yet. He's going in on Monday for it. Pawz unfortunately has decided that licking his "no-longer-theres" is fun and something he should do all the time. Of course he decided this is the proper form of action AFTER the vet is closed so I attempted to find a sour apple or something of that sort to stop it instead of tearing after him every ten minutes. Using Megan's Law, not a single place I went to within walking distance had any!

So I am doomed!

I went and bought some stuff for the boys to start them on RAW. :) I gots some ground beef, some chicken breasts (skinless cuz I forgot to get the right ones today!), beef liver too :) I'm hoping its a good start anyway.

Megan