Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Small rant

Cinnabear
September 26th, 2006, 01:14 AM
I had my kitten neutered on Saturday. The vet assistant didn't even look at him right. She put him down as dsh, then the vet signed him as tabby. He is a cream colored, with lynx markings, silvery brown paws and blue eyes, a very noticable SIAMESE kitten. I often wonder if they truly know their breeds.

On another note he is just as playful as before. No slowing him down.:crazy:

Prin
September 26th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Weird how they didn't recognize a siamese though...

I'm glad the surgery went ok.:)

rainbow
September 26th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I hope you pointed it out to them so they have their records right. :o

Dog Dancer
September 26th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Cinnabear, you're lucky that's all they did wrong. My vet's office gave me back the wrong black lab puppy when I had her in to get spayed. :eek: It turned out it was her sister in for the same thing the same day. My son brought her home and asked me if she had a new collar when I got home from work and that's how we found out it was the wrong pooch. Fortunately our pup was still at the vet's when we called and said we'd be right back to change dogs.

My current vet just saw Shadow for the first time (she's an Akita / Blue Heeler) and they put her down as a GSD cross. Shadow HATES GSDs! I told them they had to fix that or else she'd have to kill herself (which may be why she's jumping off the roof lately... Someone told her she looked like a GSD.;) )

Cinnabear
September 27th, 2006, 12:37 AM
Poor you Dog Dancer. Makes you wonder why they didn't check the right cage for your babe.

If they're not sure of the breed why don't they just ask what it is?

Prin
September 27th, 2006, 12:39 AM
tee hee hee Poor Shadow! How insulting!:D

I would have blown a gasket if they'd switched doggies on me...:eek:

Angies Man
September 27th, 2006, 02:39 PM
tee hee hee Poor Shadow! How insulting!:D

I would have blown a gasket if they'd switched doggies on me...:eek:

I guess I'd let them know why I was firing them, and go find another Vet clinic. No excuse for that--imagine if they had pulled your puppy out and based on the wrong orders had done some other surgery on her! :eek:

Dog Dancer
September 27th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Angie's Man, yes that was my first thought too, they could have done the wrong surgery. Fortunately both these ones had the same job done! They were MOST apologetic to say the least.

Prin - yes Shadow was offended for sure! Honestly if vets don't know what your pet is they could just ask.