Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What letters can your pets pronounce?

Prin
September 25th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I was thinking about that the other day... When Jemma starts panting, she either starts with a B or an R... Like Bahhhhahhhahhhahhh or Rahahhahhahh...:D

And when she howls, she tries really hard to pronounce some words but it ends up just as m's and b's...

Boo only has the regular w's, r's and o's.:D

Does anybody else hear letters?:o :crazy:

jiorji
September 25th, 2006, 11:01 PM
no...you're just crazy :o

my cats say m's and r's and i hear an h once in a while when someone's not in the mood to play:rolleyes: .

Peanut makes this "aack" "ahhh" sound when she sees me taking the food bowls down

Prin
September 25th, 2006, 11:02 PM
oo that's true- speaking of aack - Jemma says g's when she's throwing up. :o Bagack!:D

LM1313
September 25th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Well, my cats can pronounce m and every vowel. :D Also r, as in a happy "mrrack!"

Ebony was such a talker when the mood hit her, I wish I had some recordings of her! "Rrrrm rrrm rmm . . . EEEEEE-ooooo!" "Wargh wargh wargh!" I swear she said oreo once. "OOOOOR-eeee-oh." It was great. :D

jiorji
September 25th, 2006, 11:22 PM
it seems vowels are easier to pronounce...maybe because they're usually used to make meowing sounds.

i love the "mrrrreeooowwwwllll" sound. Especially when you try to sleep in on the weekend and they're in your face asking for food. "are you up yet?? no?? maybe i should meow louder!" sometimes i don't even bother setting my alarm.

Prin
September 25th, 2006, 11:25 PM
lol you both are so funny with your sounds. :D

I love it when Jemma does the "duel" song... ooweeoooweeooooooo :D

jawert1
September 26th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Peaches does the "rroooooooorrrroooooo" wookie thing a lot, and something that sounds like a pirate's "arrrrgggghhhhh" when she growls - which is pretty funny since I can ask her "What does a pirate say?" and she'll do it 75% of the time. Simon, not usually a peep, except for when he's startled, which is a pretty weird bark which sounds a lot like "help" in a mid starting pitch and ends in a very high pitch.

mummummum
September 26th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Ceili is the MOST vocal dog I have ever come across and I swear on a stack of pancakes that Ceili says Ma-uh-aum when she wants something. Declan pouts when he doesn't get his way and makes a Puh-puh-puh sound by closing his mouth and blowing out through his cheeks - he LOOKS like he's pouting. Unfortunately Ceili has also taught him to whine... heer,heer,heer. :rolleyes: When Bridie is happy to go out she does a play bow, stretches like a cat and says owwwrreeerrrrarrrrggghhhh. Goofballs:pawprint: ...all of them.:D

Frenchy
September 26th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Bailey says rrooo rrooooo and then howls! Mister the cat says momma now :D

Dog Dancer
September 26th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Prin, what have you started??? My dogs make tons of noises, Halo is very vocal, but I can't say I've ever really gotten English out of it. I'll have to listen closer. I always understand but have never tried to put it into a language of ours. Bad Prin (kidding);)

Puppyluv
September 26th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Layla's really quiet. I mean REEEEEAAAAAALLLLLY quiet. So I don't know. She only ever makes noise when she's trying to convince a dog to play with her, so I'll have to listen next time. other wise her only sound is a really really quiet, whiney mmmm mmmm (only heard between 2 am and 6 am, when I need to sleep, and she needs to pee)

happycats
September 26th, 2006, 02:48 PM
When the are playing "hide and go seek" the seeker always goes MOOOOOORRROOOOOOWWWWWW
when Lucky wants food (which is always:rolleyes: ) he says UUUUMMMMPPPPHHHH or AAAAAMMPPHHHH or sometimes he does the "dog" ROOOPH!

they also go MMMOOOORRREEE, MOOOORRROOOOOR, MOOOOORROOOOWWW. and my cat (now deceased) squeek, used to EEEEEPPP (That's how she got her name).
And Sega quite often does the "sheep" to get attention BAAAAA BAAAAA!!

Jay makes a pig sound when first smelling his food, I can't even spell it!! it's like a high pitched snort!

Crazy cats!! Mine are ALL so vocal, and make lots and lots of noise! I think one of my favs, is when the brothers are happy to see me, they make this high pitcheed BBBRRRREEEE:love:

chico2
September 26th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Well,my Rocky says wa-wa and to me it sounds like mama.I am sure he's trying to say mama:cat:

erykah1310
September 26th, 2006, 06:06 PM
When Kita is doing her "im a big mean guard dog" bard ( sarcastic, there is no such a bark :D ) She doesnt open her mouth but rather blows air out of her lips and it makes a "Booof, Booof" sound.

Meiko, hes a vowel master, he has the Ooooooo's and Uuuuus down pat!

Puppy can clearly say, rawr rawr rawr and gerooo!

This is a hilarious thread. As I was reading others posts I was actually saying everything out loud!:o

joeysmama
September 26th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Cooper is a talker !!!

Mostly words that begin with R. Like "AROURRRAAAROW." That's his favorite word. Loosely translated it means "Play with the doggie now."

He also says, "mmaawarawm" Which, loosely translated, means "I'm awake now so eveyone else should get up and play with the doggie now." :dog:

mummummum
September 26th, 2006, 11:49 PM
When Kita is doing her "im a big mean guard dog" bard ( sarcastic, there is no such a bark :D ) She doesnt open her mouth but rather blows air out of her lips and it makes a "Booof, Booof" sound.
Hey ~ I know that one! Bridie does that when she has barked at an outside noise and I've already told her "Thank you ~ that's enough". I suppose she doesn't think it's quiiiiite enough ~ maybe she believes she won't get in trouble if her mouth is actually closed when she Boof-Booofing!

Prin
September 27th, 2006, 12:25 AM
This thread is so funny.:D

Funny how after a while we get to know what the barks mean... Jemma used to have a bark just for the dog park, and if you repeated it exactly (or as exactly as a mere human can), she'd get all excited. Now I think that bark has moved on to being about cookies (we don't go to the dog park anymore).

Boo just has whispers to explain things (frustration, needs, desires..), and with whispers, there's no real sound to describe.:o

Lissa
September 27th, 2006, 12:33 AM
:crazy: Minnow has a "Mrrrrrrooowww" when she's bored or wants a cuddle. She has a devil cat "MEEEEEEEEEEEooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwww" when she wants out NOW! And of course she has a purring trill sound for playing or greetings.

Dodger has some odd sounds most of which consist of "ARAH's" and "Mrrrrumm" in a high pitch when he chews his leg:o . His bay is a short "Ar..roo...Ar...roo"; high alert guard dog is a "Ruffffroooooooooo" that goes on forever, little speaks/grumbles have an "ar" and "brroo" sound and big speaks are big "Rah's"

Its so odd, I didn't realize I knew all that:p - Really, I second the
what have you started Prin"!! Now I am going to try and interpret every sound they make;)

Prin
September 27th, 2006, 12:42 AM
She has a devil cat "MEEEEEEEEEEEooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwww" when she wants out NOW! And of course she has a purring trill sound for playing or greetings.So that's the noise you'll hear most if you get an apartment without a yard.:D

I forgot the robber bark- roorooroorooroorooroo! :D

If people didn't think we were nutty before, imagine now when we're all sitting and whispering funny noises to a computer screen...

mummummum
September 27th, 2006, 12:52 AM
OMG ~ I just remembered an "I am a HORRIBLE mother" episode from when the grrrlies were dawglets. I was sitting on the couch singing along to some mouldie-oldie and Bridie leaps on the couch. Roooaaaarrroooaaarooooooooo. I figured she was singing along..so I sing louder...Are you singing with Mummy Baby ? Awww isn't that sweeeet. AAAARRRROOOOOOOORRRRAAAAROOOOOO. Well, I FINALLY clued in that she had an EMERGENCY. When we finally dashed outside she had the biggest bomb....and I felt like SUCH a bad, bad Mum. So kids, do NOT try this at home...they are NOT SINGING!:D

Prin
September 27th, 2006, 01:02 AM
lol lol poor doggy! Two pains at once! :D ;)

papillonmama
September 27th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Just saw this thread, Trigs can say a whole word, I know it's hard to believe, but I taught him to say momma, when he makes this low growly noise in his throught it sounds like mmmmmmmmm, so from there I just said say mmmaaammmmaaaa, cookie in hand of course, and that was it, talking dog. Hubby had to teach him to bark when he was a puppy, he didn't know how, or he wasn't inclined to.

Dory doesn't know any letters or words, just plain ole arf arf arf arf arf.... so on and so forth. (and on an d on and on). However, she really only does that whne she thinks I can't hear her. Oh and when someone, including me, gets too close to her kids she makes a little growly noise.

The cats, sometimes they sound like babies, they can yowl, mrrrrowwwww, rrowwrrr. They loooove to talk very loud, and very late at night.:(