Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Teeno's War Wound - WARNING: graphic photo

vel
September 24th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Valentino (Teeno) my tuxedo boy.....has been recovering from a pellet shot in his back and an unknown flesh devouring virus that ate fur, skin and tissue .....the wound was about 5 or 6 inches wide (yes 5 or 6 inches!) and ran from between his front legs all the way down his belly to inbetween his back legs, was not pretty. This picture is about 3 weeks into recovery and believe it or not, this is beautiful. As you can see in the picture on his belly where he was shaved....that was all open wound. I wish now I had a picture of the initial wound but I was too busy crying....and praying......The wound has completely closed now, still alittle "crust" along parts and his fur is peach fuzz but is coming back in. God love the little beggar, he used up all nine lives on this one :cat: http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n7/velmastewart/Animal%20Pictures/booandteeno015.jpg

BoxerMom
September 24th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Aww Poor Teeno....Glad he's doing better tho.:cat:

Prin
September 25th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Poor kitty!

rainbow
September 25th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Another curse on the bastid that shot him. :mad:

And hugs for Teeno who so didn't deserve this. :grouphug:

mama samoan
September 25th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Poor poor kitty. I hope things for your kitty continue to improve, and that the person that did this gets what they truly deserve.

Toonces
September 25th, 2006, 12:39 PM
awww your poor baby, I beleive in karma and that person will get theirs!

angeldogs
September 25th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I second the curse on that basturd.Poor kitty.

LibbyP
September 25th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Oh vel, when you said earlier that it was bad I never realized that it was that bad, WOW, glad to hear things are looking up for the poor boy, I third the what goes around comes around curse:evil: . He sure does still look happy though

rainbow
September 25th, 2006, 04:02 PM
I second the curse on that basturd.Poor kitty.

I like your spelling version better.....basturd just seems so much more fitting. :thumbs up

Violeta
September 25th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Poor Teeno :eek: , I've never seen anything like this before.
I hope that he will heal :fingerscr

chico2
September 25th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Teeno looks like a beautiful cat and I am sure under your care,he'll recover quickly:cat:
The person who did this dastardly thing,obviously does not care,or he would not have shot an innocent cat,but I hope somehow Teeno will get justice:cat:
I know what I would do to a person like that!!

vel
September 25th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Teeno has made an amazing recovery everyone....he's full of spit and vinegar again. The healing process was quite interesting after I got over the intial shock of what this "virus"did to him. I have too say when I first went into the vets to see him and he was in the kennel resting after seeing the extensive open, gaping wound I laid in the kennel and bawled and bawled. The poor vet assistants.........the vet had to "talk me down".....anyway we (husband and I) had to wash the wound twice a day and apply a disinfectent spray and then he had to be given antibiotics. Teeno had to wear the "cone" so he wouldn't lick the wound. The wound actually closed. I thought that the area would develop scar tissue but it worked the same as a cut would...the sides sealed back together. He still has the pellet in his back but it is not causing any problems. He is an indoor cat now although he does not like it........my lesson I learned: there are some nasty people out there but there are also hero's around every corner...............:cat: :ca:

rainbow
September 25th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Glad to hear that Teeno's recovery has gone so well. Could we have an updated photo please. ;)