Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

they sure love to strike a pose sometimes...

technodoll
September 24th, 2006, 05:54 PM
i love my two beanies! :D

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/croppedbeaniescopy.jpg

Frenchy
September 24th, 2006, 06:29 PM
You should tell the beanies to open their eyes when they say cheeeeeze! :D Very cute couple!:queen: :king:

jesse's mommy
September 24th, 2006, 06:45 PM
They are so gorgeous! It's amazing how much bigger Dakotah's head is compared to Maika's. Is this typical of male/female akitas? Regardless, they are beautiful and obviously the biggest snugglebugs!

Frenchy
September 24th, 2006, 07:03 PM
I've been thinking,I would like a golden with an Akita's tail,they're too cute. Dakota is not neutered right ? :D just kidding:p

technodoll
September 24th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Frenchy, if you look closely you'll see dakotah's eyes are open... he's got tiny eyes, LOL! and the sun was in their face so yah, hard not to squint! :D

jesse's mommy, akita males typically have bigger heads than females (if you compare siblings from the same litter, as genotypes vary from breeding to breeding, some well-bred females have bigger heads than BYB males...), however Dakotah is 2 years older than Maika so her head has not yet developed (she's only 11 months old). His head will be at full size when he's 5 or 6 years old - he'll be 3 at the end of this year - and maika's head will continue to fill out until she's about 3 to 4 years old. :)

technodoll
September 24th, 2006, 07:08 PM
I've been thinking,I would like a golden with an Akita's tail,they're too cute. Dakota is not neutered right

the Virgin Snugglebug shall be snipped down the road but for now he retains his furry plums, to build lean muscle mass and get that big bear head... no sex for him, ever - he better have nice dreams, LOL! :D

rainbow
September 24th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Great pic of Dakotah and Maika. :thumbs up

he better have nice dreams, LOL!

Well, he won't inherit that from you. :D

technodoll
September 24th, 2006, 07:26 PM
oops i meant "nice dreams about the ladies" :D

it's so cool to watch and hear your dogs dream... they twitch, rumble, talk, paw at the air, wag the tail, whimper... do dogs have nightmares, do you think? :confused:

joeysmama
September 24th, 2006, 07:28 PM
They really are gorgeous. And they're posing the way people do at an important event, like a wedding. Really cute picture, really cute doggies !:D

technodoll
September 24th, 2006, 07:30 PM
awe thank you! shots like that are sooo hard to capture.. it's all about luck. they were both just standing there, sun in their faces, sniffing the wind... looking like snobs!! LOL :p

jesse's mommy
September 24th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Oh, I'm sure they have nightmares. There have been many times that Jesse would whimper and paw in her sleep and I would put my hand on her, she would wake up with this "relief" on her face that mommy was there, give me a couple of kisses and fall back asleep with my hand on her. I'm sure they have nightmares and are so relieved to know you are there to take care of them.

rainbow
September 24th, 2006, 07:33 PM
it's so cool to watch and hear your dogs dream... they twitch, rumble, talk, paw at the air, wag the tail, whimper... do dogs have nightmares, do you think?

I think they have both good and bad dreams. I like the wag the tail ones the best as they definitely have to be happy dreams. If the whimpering gets too bad I wake them as I think those are the distressing ones. :shrug:

dogcatharmony
September 24th, 2006, 07:39 PM
oh my techno evey time i see your one beanie it makes me think that mine is a sister akita...............if i wouldnt have seen the mom of mine ( norweigian elkhound) i would swear they were related. lol..mind you her head isnt that big.........and she carries her tail like an elkhound.....not flopped on her back but held high

Prin
September 24th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Great pic! Even if Dakotah doesn't dream of the ladies, at least we know there's a male doggy out there dreaming of Maika.:p

technodoll
September 24th, 2006, 09:18 PM
LOL prin! she is growing into such a little cutie... can you guess her personality from the photos? :p

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/P1010045.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j129/technodoll/P1010029-1.jpg

Prin
September 24th, 2006, 09:21 PM
She's so smiley.:)

vel
September 24th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I love looking at everyone's pictures, these are beautiful dogs. :ca:

technodoll
September 24th, 2006, 09:24 PM
we sure are blessed with beautiful dogs on this forum :cloud9:

and happy, smiling, loving ones too... dogs give back what they get, tenfold :love:

Prin
September 24th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Oh yeah. I accept payment in hugs, laughs and pre-bedtime bedwarming and I always come out with a huge profit.