Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cooper's first day on the beach !!

joeysmama
September 23rd, 2006, 09:09 PM
We went to a beach today that allows pets after labor day. Cooper loved it from the second he stepped on the sand.

So cute !!!

He got to be outdoors off leash which doesn't happen often. But he wasn't wandering away from us except to run with us on the beach. And he would go near the water if we were standing there but if the water came too close he would walk really fast--not run, because that would look as though he was afraid.;) But he would walk as fast as he could so the water wouldn't touch him.

There weren't many people there, it was a cloudy day. (we were there to fish and read) But a nice lady came over and gave him attention and two very sweet children politely came up to me and asked me if they could pet my dog. I held him so they could pet him without him getting wild. He's getting much better but still loves children more than anything in the world and actually cries if he sees one until they give him some attention. I made sure to thank the children for asking me first.

Anyway--I'm rambling but I had to share with someone who would understand that it's fun when the doggie has a new experience. And he did. And he loved it. And he was a very good boy all day !!

I took a picture and if i can figure out how, I will post it. Wish me luck.:fingerscr

dakar
September 23rd, 2006, 09:48 PM
Too fun!! Makes me want to go out and find a beach of my own! I laughed when I read about Joey walking fast so the water wouldn't get him. I'd love to see pics.

Prin
September 24th, 2006, 01:48 AM
That sounds like it was fun. I love it when my doggies see and experience new things.:)

rainbow
September 24th, 2006, 01:50 AM
There is pics posted and Joey was so enjoying himself. :D

Prin
September 24th, 2006, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I saw them. :D

rainbow
September 24th, 2006, 02:06 AM
But dakar didn't. :p

dakar
September 25th, 2006, 09:22 PM
OH- I did now!! Too cute! (boy, miss a day and people just come down on ya!) :) Looks like Cooper was having a blast!

rainbow
September 25th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Yeah, we do that often here. ;)