Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do you still walk your dogs

Golden Girls
September 23rd, 2006, 04:38 PM
in the rain? It's been pouring since last night here in Montreal (probably where you are too) and this morning we walked for over an hour in the pouring rain. What an effort ... their still recouperating as you can see :p

Prin
September 23rd, 2006, 04:40 PM
I do sometimes... But not today..:D Boo cut his foot so he's all bandaged up and it would be a nightmare in the rain, even with his boot on. :rolleyes:

Pike
September 23rd, 2006, 04:45 PM
Moved to more appropriate forum

muckypup
September 23rd, 2006, 04:46 PM
I exercise and train my dogs in the rain, snow and cold.

Golden Girls
September 23rd, 2006, 04:46 PM
in the rain? It's been pouring since last night here in Montreal (probably where you are too) so early afternoon we walked for over an hour in the pouring rain. What an effort ... their still recouperating as you can see :p

Golden Girls
September 23rd, 2006, 04:47 PM
You'd swear they had open heart surgery :o their so tired

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 23rd, 2006, 05:06 PM
I walk Joey every morning for about 30 minutes before walk - then the kids and try to take him out around dinner. On weekends I try to take him for longer walks.

Joey hates walking in the rain though - often he will get to the end of the driveway and go wait a minute I feel my feet getting wet. Then he sits down and refuses to move - and turns around and heads straight back for the front door.

we3beagles
September 23rd, 2006, 07:34 PM
I consider myself lucky if they go out in the rain to pee. I literally have to pick Callie up and put her on the grass or she turns right around and heads back inside. If it is raining or too cold I take them downstairs (not developed) and play fetch and chase. They are pretty much fair weather walkers.

Lukka'sma
September 23rd, 2006, 08:12 PM
I sure do. My most favorite time of day or evening is when I am walking with Lukka. We spend two hours every morning hiking at the conservation area near us and about an hour in the evening walking in the neighbourhood. We go rain or shine without fail.

Cathy1
September 23rd, 2006, 08:31 PM
I just got back from walking Jasper & Duke and it's raining. Duke's dream came true, he got to lick a kitty during our walk and Jasper wanted to eat him.

dakar
September 23rd, 2006, 08:46 PM
If it's a total downpour I don't go out with the dogs. We run around and play fetch inside. but if it's just a drizzly, ugly day - we go out.

raingirl
September 23rd, 2006, 08:53 PM
Being that we are in an apartment, we have no choice. We aren't allowed to have our dogs pee/poop on apartment property, so we have to walk about 3 feet to the boulevard, even if it is pouring!

technodoll
September 23rd, 2006, 09:37 PM
no choice since we live in a 3rd floor appartment with no back yard! if it's really nasty weather (sluicing rain, dangerous sleet, etc) and the dogs have to go, it's a quick trip around the block. otherwise yep, we go walk in the rain... they LOVE if of course, the wetter and muddier, the better :o I love my new rainboots btw, they came in handy this morning! walked the dogs in a big field for 30 minutes, they ran like crazy and i had my umbrella to help out... we had a ball. :highfive:

Golden Girls
September 23rd, 2006, 11:21 PM
I guess the smaller dogs can get a quick dip in the sink :p but for the big ones do you hose them down before going back in? It's such a huge hassle because then you have like 3 loads of laundry between the blankets and towels. It's just the work of it all :shrug: I hope tomorrow will be nicer :fingerscr

Oh but they love it too - the dirtier the better. Umm rainboots, haven't thought about them in so long I forgot they existed. I think I need a pair

technodoll
September 23rd, 2006, 11:27 PM
they make funky comfortable rainboots these days, thank the lord :D

i only wipe down their legs & paws to get any dirt off, their short coat dries off in the house... i keep some rags by the door and just hang them to dry on their wire crate, and re-use until they're dirty :shrug:

they love being wet! :cloud9:

Prin
September 23rd, 2006, 11:52 PM
I have about a dozen dog towels around. My doggies get very towel dried before they're allowed in. They're sofa and bed dogs and I don't like sleeping in wet sheets.:o

rainbow
September 24th, 2006, 12:21 AM
I keep towels by the door as well to dry off their legs, feet and bellies. If it's been raining exceptionally hard I put an old sheet down on the floor as well.

chico2
September 24th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Bailey will NOT go outside if it's raining,I have to pick her up and put her in the grass,she will not take one step in the rain:shrug: