Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Amy made it.

Amy's Mom
September 22nd, 2006, 05:36 PM
:thumbs up Well, the deed is done. Amy is now spayed. YAY!!:thumbs up
But what an interesting night we spent.
Surgery was done around noon yesterday, we picked her up around 5:30. She slept most of the way home until we turned onto our street. I never knew that dogs could tell where they were when they weren't looking out the window. Anyways, when we got in we put her in her favorite spot next to us on the sofa. There she stayed for about 2 hours. every time she looked up or tried to get up she wobbled. Bedtime next and she curled up on the bed and stayed there most of the night although we never really slept, were keeping an eye on her like a momma does.

This morning she is more chipper and went for a brief walk. At lunch time she let us know that it was time for her daily walk. Off we went, exploring everything again. But when a blade of grass rubbed her belly she snapped at it like she was catching flies. I know that it is still sore but it was quite funny seeing her biting that single blade of grass. I moved her to the sidewalk and she was fine. She had to greet all her doggy friends and try to chase the squirrel (even though she didn't try very hard) then home again to rest up.

All in all, I'm very relieved that it's all over with. No more risks of her getting pregnant or any of the other complications that can occur.

Thanks for letting me ramble,
Dee

mummummum
September 22nd, 2006, 06:39 PM
Well done !!!! And hugs (gentle one's...) to Amy:grouphug: :pawprint: !!

jawert1
September 23rd, 2006, 12:13 AM
congrats! glad Amy's home safe and sound with only blades of grass to worry about :grouphug: :grouphug:

Prin
September 23rd, 2006, 12:20 AM
Yey! I hope she recovers well. :)