Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2 dogs attack and kill mini horse

lezzpezz
September 22nd, 2006, 02:19 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/09/21/bc.fbn.steelers.porter.s.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

technodoll
September 22nd, 2006, 02:28 PM
of course a pitbull had to be involved, or else this story would never have gotten printed :frustrated:

MyBirdIsEvil
September 22nd, 2006, 03:12 PM
of course a pitbull had to be involved, or else this story would never have gotten printed

I'll have to disagree with you on that one.
Joey Porter is a famous player for the Pittsburgh Steelers, that's why it got printed. Porter has been in fist fights (during games) before, and he thinks he's a "thug" or something, I dunno.

technodoll
September 22nd, 2006, 03:15 PM
ah well... of course a "thug" like that owns a pitbull and a mastiff... he couldn't do everyone a favor and just own an afghan hound eh? :D

Melei'sMom
September 22nd, 2006, 03:52 PM
ah well... of course a "thug" like that owns a pitbull and a mastiff... he couldn't do everyone a favor and just own an afghan hound eh? :D

Don't think that would help. My Aunt breeds Afghan Hounds and let me tell you some of those can be real mean too. She has a pair of studs that are responsible for a comfirmed 3 cat deaths, maybe more and a scar that I have had since I was 7.

technodoll
September 22nd, 2006, 04:01 PM
My Aunt breeds Afghan Hounds and let me tell you some of those can be real mean too. She has a pair of studs that are responsible for a comfirmed 3 cat deaths, maybe more and a scar that I have had since I was 7.

:eek: i had no idea! just goes to show... i consider myself warned! :eek:

Melei'sMom
September 22nd, 2006, 04:17 PM
I don't blame the dogs. Afghan Hounds are not monsters, my aunt is:eek:

technodoll
September 22nd, 2006, 04:23 PM
of course :)

LavenderRott
September 22nd, 2006, 04:34 PM

I am not sure why one would assume that he is a "thug". From the research that I have done - he has no criminal record but he likes to talk trash on the football field.

Michael Jordon would talk trash on the basket ball court, but nobody ever refers to him as a thug.

technodoll
September 22nd, 2006, 04:40 PM
i'm not assuming anything, that is why the :D was there. it's in jest.

:D

chico2
September 22nd, 2006, 05:06 PM
All I can say is poor little horse:sad: no fines,or money in the world will bring him back,or undo the horror he suffered.

MyBirdIsEvil
September 22nd, 2006, 07:21 PM
I am not sure why one would assume that he is a "thug". From the research that I have done - he has no criminal record but he likes to talk trash on the football field.

Michael Jordon would talk trash on the basket ball court, but nobody ever refers to him as a thug.

:offtopic: I never meant to imply that he's a thug, as in criminal record or something(hence the quotation marks), but he has that attitude that a lot of NFL players have, where they want to look tough and talk trash, and he often causes conflicts, so I wouldn't try to imply that he's some kind of saint or something.
I can't know for sure why he has a pitbull, but it was just a guess based on his prior attitude :shrug:

Michael Jordon would talk trash on the basket ball court, but nobody ever refers to him as a thug

Michael Jordan also never got into a fistfight with anyone on the court. He's also well spoken and didn't go around constantly complaining about why his team lost, how much he gets payed, etc..
Jordan's trash talking doesn't even compare to the actions of some of the players in the NFL and NBA now.

Oh yeah and the criminal record thing with Porter is questionable, since I do recall him being in a confrontation with cops, but I don't remember whether it resulted in charges or not.

MyBirdIsEvil
September 22nd, 2006, 07:36 PM
This article has more info, apparently his dog has done something similar before:

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports/9904374/detail.html?rss=pit&psp=news

catie
March 16th, 2008, 07:46 AM
A mini horse sounds like the perfect prey for dogs in a pack. And 2+ dogs without a human make their own pack. They select their own pack leader and do what their genes tell them to do, hunt and kill some prey. That is why every city has dog catchers.

Porter's dogs had attacked before.

"One neighbor said that one day, the dogs did get out and mauled another neighbor's dog.

Emil Vertullo said he was walking his dog Sissy in the alley behind his house and that he didn't see Porter's pit bulls until it was too late.

"The dog jumped their fence, the neighbor's fence, the gate and down in the alley and just chewed her up," said Vertullo. "I picked up a big stone, you know and I couldn't. It was jumping all over the place and just throwing her up in the air. I got scared."

A neighbor that didnít want to show her face on camera said after the attack, she saw Porter's white pit bull in front of his house, all bloody."

So why didn't Porter have a criminal record? Because the neighbors went along with a cover up. "Some neighbors said Porter paid to keep things quiet though. It was all through the neighborhood," said neighbor Charlie Hallock. "It was no secret that Joey's dog did attack the wiener-schnitzel dog and he more or less just covered it up."

So the neighbors did not have the backbone to press charges the first time. They let the little crime slip and crime got bigger next time. You can find out criminal history including sex offenders for your Pennsylvania background check. The Pennsylvania State Police website at http://www.psp.state.pa.us/psp/site/default.asp has downloadable criminal history request form online. Once you fill this form, you will need to submit it with a money order or certified check for $10 and mail the request to their office. And several companies offer background search of criminal (http://backgroundsearch.com) records with immediate reports right on the internet. If Porter had criminal record, maybe he would have stopped being careless with killer dogs.

SARAH
March 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I don't blame the dogs. Afghan Hounds are not monsters, my aunt is:eek:

:D guess we all have relatives that qualify there ;)

All I can say is poor little horse:sad: no fines,or money in the world will bring him back,or undo the horror he suffered.

I didn't open the link, didn't want to :sad: :cry:

growler~GateKeeper
March 17th, 2008, 02:00 AM
I didn't open the link, didn't want to :sad: :cry:

This is an old thread, the story is from 2006, first link doesn't work anyways