Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

3 goldens for sale

Frenchy
September 22nd, 2006, 12:34 PM
:D :rolleyes: just kidding! Rant;with everything that's been going on with Daisy,I've been neglecting the boys. I had the very bad idea this summer of switching food for Sam. He started allergies so he's back on his regular food. I was praying for the itching to go away on it's own,it didn't. Baiely is on Vanectyl so I gave Sam some and it work.But when I ask my vet to have some more,he didn't want to without seing Sam. (yeah,right,I will pay $50.00 for him to tell me Sam needs vanectyl :mad: ) so I tried Benadryl.Did not work. Yesterday I had to cut some matted fur (too much licking) on his hind leg only to find a huge red spot,almost bleeding. So now I have an appoitment at 5h00. I will bring Daisy at the same time to have her check.Mostly her weight. Now if that wasn't enough....I fell asleep on the couch until 3h00 am.Got up,took Bailey's bed to put it in my bedroom, something was leaking on my leg...his bed was soak with urine :mad: and on the carpet too :yell: I know dogs are not suppose to know what revenge means,but coming from Bailey,it wouldn't surprise me...but other than that,he's been real good with Daisy,always sleeping by her side.sorry,this was my rant!:frustrated:

badger
September 22nd, 2006, 01:12 PM
Oh dear, they say grief comes in threes.
Could it be an infection? because it's rare (I have heard) for dogs to pee where they sleep.
Then you get to be Big Nurse, all three pooches on dope, which is lousy.
I hope through all this Mister (Misty?) is giving you no trouble, using his litter box, etc.

rainbow
September 22nd, 2006, 02:10 PM
Awww, sounds like you need a hug, Frenchy. :grouphug:

technodoll
September 22nd, 2006, 02:31 PM
yes... lotsa hugs! hope the 5pm visit goes well and it's nothing serious.. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

HunterXHunter
September 22nd, 2006, 03:50 PM
I'll give you $4 for each or $10 for all 3! (You must be thinking: "Wait a minute...how does that work!? :rolleyes: )

Damn, you tricked me...

Speaking of matted fur...does any of your goldens have a small thingy (sorry, I just can't think of a description that's fitting other than "thingy") of matted or tangled fur behind/below their ears? I wanted to cut it, but then my dad said what if it's his ear lobes :eek: Um...I didn't think dogs had ear lobes :confused: , but then the thingy feels like there's muscle under it -- I can't really explain it :shrug: In short, it's not bothering him or causing any problems (nor is it getting bigger), so I was gonna wait til I have to bring Hunter to the vet for a check-up in a month or so and ask the vet about it then. However, if it's something that can be resolved now, that would be better :D

Oh, and sorry for the thread-jack...well...kinda...

Frenchy
September 22nd, 2006, 06:48 PM
I'll give you $4 for each or $10 for all 3! (You must be thinking: "Wait a minute...how does that work!? :rolleyes: )

They are not that cheap!

Speaking of matted fur...does any of your goldens have a small thingy (sorry, I just can't think of a description that's fitting other than "thingy") of matted or tangled fur behind/below their ears?
The only thing I can think of is matted fur? It's a tricky area,you have to brush there often.

Frenchy
September 22nd, 2006, 06:58 PM
OMG I feel soooo stupid! First of all,when I got back home to get the dogs,I was horrified to see Sam's leg,he took all the fur out,it was bleeding and green too! I was ashame to bring him to my vet,I was afraid they would think the dog had been that way for a long time.:( It's not allergies,it's a hot spot! That's about the ONLY thing my guys never got.It's now about 6 inches long and about as wide! The vet shave the area,Sam has antibiotics (pills) for 10 days and an antibiotic spray for 3 days.He is now wearing the cone and I will make him sit down in front of the tv tonight,let's hope I get more channels :D He barely moves,he just sits there.:( Daisy has lost 12 pounds,with what I described to my vet,he thinks the tumour made "metastases" (sorry,don't now that word in english) and it would have reached the lungs,she breathe weird and when she barks,you can barely hear her :( So that's about it.It's going to be a loooong week end! At least I will be here to look after them.

meb999
September 22nd, 2006, 07:44 PM
actually I think the word metastases is the same in french and in english...

I'm so sorry to hear about Daisy, I was hoping she wouldn't have lossed much weight :sad:
She's a lucky girl to have you there taking care of her

Sending you both positive thoughts and a big hug! :grouphug:

technodoll
September 22nd, 2006, 07:56 PM
yes, enjoy every minute you have with your furkids this weekend, PLEASE have a photo taken if you can, and smile on that photo.. in the years to come it will comfort you :love: ah, rain and gray this weekend... perfect for snuggling and sharing treats. and pets.ca, of course :angel: Frenchy you are not alone!! :grouphug: to daisy-girl!

rainbow
September 23rd, 2006, 02:43 PM
So sorry to hear that it has spread to her lungs. :grouphug:

And poor Sam has one of those horrible hot spots. Do hope it clears up nicely. :fingerscr What about Bailey? Any more "accidents"?

Prin
September 23rd, 2006, 05:33 PM
:grouphug: Frenchy, it sounds like you're having a rough time. Good luck. :grouphug:

Frenchy
September 23rd, 2006, 05:36 PM
What about Bailey? Any more "accidents"?
One more today :mad:

Prin
September 23rd, 2006, 05:42 PM
uh oh... do you think he's got a problem? Males can get a testosterone-induced version of spay incontinence too, if it's not a UTI or stones or diabetes..:o

Frenchy
September 23rd, 2006, 05:48 PM
uh oh... do you think he's got a problem? Males can get a testosterone-induced version of spay incontinence too, if it's not a UTI or stones or diabetes..:o
nooooooooooo,please no! I can't take anymore! What I think is Bailey is extremely submissive and picks up on my emotions.If I'm mad he will go hide in a corner,if I'm anxious,he is too.He must be picking up all kinds of messages from me this past week! And he knows something is not right with Daisy,he's been lying beside her often in the past weeks. Anyway,the doggie bed just came out of the washing machine.Let's hope it stays clean :fingerscr

rainbow
September 23rd, 2006, 05:54 PM
Awww Frenchy, I know you're having a really bad time right now, but it would be better to find out now rather than later if poor Bailey does have a problem. :grouphug: Is he drinking more water than usual?

Frenchy
September 23rd, 2006, 06:15 PM
Is he drinking more water than usual?
No.I remember one time last winter.When I was fostering Sam and they became best friends.I had to take Sam to the vet for a lump.By that time Bailey and Daisy were used to see fosters come and go.When I came back from the vet,there was a number 2 in the living room.I was sure it was Bailey,who tought I wasn't bringing back Sam,he must have tought was loosing his friend? :shrug:

Frenchy
September 29th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Sam has been on antibiotics (Novo-Lexin) for 7 days now,the hot spot is getting better and he's leaving "it" alone but the itching is the same.So I called my vet again,he is now on Vanectyl .:yell: I knew he needed Vanectyl....:rolleyes: but I totally forgot to ask them if I needed to continue the antibiotics.It was supposed to be for 10 days,it only helps the hot spots ,not the itching.Just to make sure,(better be safe than sorry) I stopped the Novo-Lexin,I hate it when they're on pills so I don't want to give him 2 kinds at once.What do you think?