Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

eye problem in Pug

shirl886
September 21st, 2006, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me with our black 5yr old Pug. I noticed yesterday when he was sitting in front of me that he had something on his eyeball. I looked closer and saw what appears to be a large black spot. The best way to describe it is that it looks like a black oil slick spreading over his eyeball. It starts on the white of his eye and spreads upwards almost covering his pupil. I then checked the other eye and saw the same thing, but not as big.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be??? We have a Vet appt for tomorrow. Any thoughts, ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks..Shirley

Prin
September 21st, 2006, 09:21 PM
No idea! I hope it's not something serious. :fingerscr Keep us updated with the results of the vet visit.:)

Mahealani770
September 22nd, 2006, 02:12 PM
Is there an update for us pug lovers, please?

meggsi
September 25th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I had a shih tzu that had a condition similar to what you've described. I don't know what the vet called it but he explained it as a curtain that slowly drops down over their eyes and makes them blind. Fortunately, this was a correctable condition and only involved a small operation to remove it. Cindy was only at the vet's for a few hours and came home the very same day.