Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What just happened?

erykah1310
September 20th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Puppy just gave me the scare of a life time. He ate his dinner without problems, but after he finished he looked at me ( while still licking his chops) made this freaky face and started a sneezing fit. ( well 3 really hard sneezes in a row) He panicked right after and got up, came over to me ( I was already half way to him at this point) and let me know he wanted out.
So I let him out and followed him ( just to keep an eye) He headed for the first good patch of grass he saw and started eating literally like a cow who hasnt seen grass for weeks ( mouthfulls)
Now however, 20 minutes later, he is laying on the deck and looking at me all funny ( like to say " whats your problem???":shrug: )
Im waiting for the emergency vet to call me back on my cell phone.
Any ideas while I am waiting?

jawert1
September 20th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Has he thrown up that you know of? When he went out, did he have the runs or just decided to eat a lot of grass? Is his tummy making the right gurgly noises now or does it feel hard? Does he have gas? Sorry for all the questions, just wanna make sure it's not bloat or something :/ Good luck, I'd say don't worry, but I know I'd be a mess if it were me. Let us know how he makes out :fingerscr

erykah1310
September 20th, 2006, 06:48 PM
He hasnt thrown up, pooped, no funny belly noises ( other than the regular ones) nothing out of the ordinary other than a sneezing fit and immense grass consumption.
if they dont call soon im going to call another emergency vet, im worried bout him.

Prin
September 20th, 2006, 06:50 PM
I think dogs do that to try to get themselves to throw up. :shrug:

Frenchy
September 20th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Any news Erykah?

PetFriendly
September 20th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I've been told by more than one person that dogs sometimes just eat grass to eat grass. That said, my guy does eat grass just to eat, but on two occasions he's eaten grass like you've described after having been a glutten and eaten two days worth of food, which came up about 20 minutes after having finished eating the grass.

erykah1310
September 21st, 2006, 06:13 PM
The emergency vet called me back last nite shortly after i had posted, he didnt see a great cause for concern ( like I did) So this morning as soon as my vet opened I called her up and ... her too, she wasnt too alarmed by this, however Puppy has an appointment on saturday morning for his bi annual check up. I have to keep a close eye on him after his dinner tonight.
:fingerscr I just really hope im freaking out for nothing, The thought of something being really wrong with him last night had me in tears.

Frenchy
September 21st, 2006, 07:52 PM
All paws are crossed here for Puppy (and believe me,that makes a lot of paws!)

Prin
September 21st, 2006, 10:19 PM
:fingerscr I'm sure it's nothing.:)