Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Educational Program

Golden Girls
September 20th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Please crosspost far and wide

Half hour program - inside a puppy mill: hidden camera (images of hundreds of dogs who's lives are horribly exploited solely for profit (pet store puppies) :sad:

Subject: Dossier sur les usines a chiots a JE

Sur les ondes de TVA ce vendredi 22 septembre, 19h et en rediffusion le
lendemain sur LCN a 20h
Une enquete JE sur les usines a chiots avec des images qui ont ete prises
avec des cameras cachees.

Soyez a l'ecoute

TVA 7pm Fri 22 Sept
LCN 8pm Sat 23 Sept

Writing4Fun
September 20th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I've posted this in my Mutt Lover (http://muttlover.blogspot.com)'s blog. ;)

K9Friend
September 20th, 2006, 05:19 PM
I'll make sure to watch! :pawprint:

Golden Girls
September 21st, 2006, 08:37 PM
TVA has agreed to air what was filmed inside a breeding facility - horrible neglect and exploitation at it's worst.

Authorities, MSPCA, Animal Quebec all have inspected and ok'd this premise which all say is in accordance to our laws.

It's been 2 years of complaints, videos, pictures, witnesses, demos ...

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=27118

I hope all will tune in and voice their opinions.

Golden Girls
September 21st, 2006, 09:04 PM
W4F thanks, great article "where to hang out on-line" re pets.ca :)

Golden Girls
September 21st, 2006, 10:01 PM
Did anyone watch it last night? You seen a GSD in the fire half burnt, dead puppies still with their mom's, a pitbull going stir crazy around and around all the while stomping on her little tiny pup who was crying, a dead doberman with bazillion maggets in her mouth rotting away still in her cage, hundreds of cages with all dogs jumping and crying - just horrible images. TVA did a wonderful job standing up against all the people who didn't want this to be aired and exposed to the public just exactly what a puppy mill is.

Anima-Quebec, Louis McCann and Yvon Vallieres basically had nothing to say. All we heard was there's just no funding? We can't overlook the fact that Louis McCann is a respresentative of the $4 billion a year pet store industry yet he's also a member on the board of AnimaQuebec? How can they represent animal welfare yet be directly responsible for all the animals in puppy mills by allowing millers to continue to keep the animals in these horrific conditions?

It would be really helpful if people write and express their comments.
LET'S SPEAK FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NO VOICE AND WHO HAVE NO CHOICE

AnimaQuebec 1-866-321-1771 info@animaquebec.com
Yvon Vallieres Claire.a.Lessard@mapaq.gouv.qc.ca
Annie.Gagnon@TVA.CA