Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The elusive wallydog

MyBirdIsEvil
September 19th, 2006, 07:33 PM
People keep asking what breed Walnut is and it's getting on my b/f's nerves, so the other day he told me he was gonna start telling people she's a "wally dog".
I thought he was kidding - no.
We were sitting outside eating at a cafe near our house, when two people came and sat down. The woman commented on how beautiful our dog is and the man she was with asked "Is that an akita?":rolleyes: .
For those of you that don't know, she's a mutt (aussie/german shepherd/chow). Welll, my b/f, to my horror (and amusement), said "Actually she's a Wally dog. They're a rare breed from Australia, originally bred to hunt wallabies", and went on to answer several of their questions about her.

It took all my strength to keep from bursting out laughing. The people were quite interested, and just ate the story up.

Do you guys think I should make him stop telling people about wallydogs? lol.
I have to admit it's pretty funny, and it gets pretty boring with everyone mistaking her breed or arguing with us about what she really is. Some people won't even believe she's a mutt, so maybe it's just easier to tell them she's some kind of breed.

Writing4Fun
September 19th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I say let him have a little fun. ;) It's either that, or you hang a sign around her neck that says, "Don't ask!" :p

technodoll
September 19th, 2006, 08:40 PM
The woman commented on how beautiful our dog is and the man she was with asked "Is that an akita?" .

but Walnut aka Wallydog would make a beautiful akita, were he one! :D tooo funny... but really there are hundreds of dog breeds we don't even know exist all over the world, who's to say Wally isn't one of them? :rolleyes: