Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Caucasian Ovcharka pup

Lukka'sma
September 19th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Lukka on her first day at her new home. This was taken on March 31 2006. We had just returned from picking her up at the breeders home outside Cleveland Ohio. She was ten weeks old in this pic. She travelled so well for such a little girl, as the ride was six to seven hours long. The breed is Caucasian Ovcharka. You can view more of this breed at www.kofoto.org this is a site that post pics of this breed only.

happycats
September 19th, 2006, 07:53 AM
OMG she is precious!!:love:
She looks somewhat like a Leonberger.
She is part of the flock guardian breeds too, isn't she? I just LOVE the flock guardian breeds.

chico2
September 19th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I have no idea what a Caucasian Ovcharka is,never heard of that breed,but Lukka is adorable,looks like a little bearcub:love:
Judging by those paws,she'll be a BIG dog,right??
I am going to Google the breed and see a mature one...

cpietra16
September 19th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Welcome Lukka'sma...do you have a more recent picture. I looked up the breed and according to the pictures he should now be as big as a black bear and cuddly:D

Puppyluv
September 19th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Lukka is an absolute darling!! I looked through those pictures on the website you posted, and they grow up to be beautiful dogs!! What a precious puppy you have there!

trippincherri
September 19th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Wow amazing looking puppy, and by the looks of that website will grow into an amazing looking dog. Reminds me of a big shaggy Saint Bernard.

rainbow
September 19th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Lukka is absolutely gorgeous. Will she be the size of a Leonberger when she matures?

vel
September 19th, 2006, 11:40 PM
What a beautiful puppy....I checked out the website you spoke of...these dogs are absolutely spectacular..........I have Leonberger, I love the big breeds. Good luck with training you've got a spendid little doggie....

vel
September 19th, 2006, 11:42 PM
What a beautiful puppy....I checked out the website you spoke of...these dogs are absolutely spectacular..........I have Leonberger, I love the big breeds. Good luck with training you've got a splendid little .furbaby...

Lukka'sma
September 20th, 2006, 07:11 AM
This pic of Lukka was taken about three weeks ago. Age is seven months. She is growing so fast.
Weight now is 91lbs. She will continue to grow until close to two years of age.
Hard to say exactly how large she will get. Her dad is 163lbs. and 31 inches at the shoulder, her mom is 130lbs. Thanks to everyone who posted.

technodoll
September 20th, 2006, 09:52 AM
a ginormous puppy! love her :cloud9: how's her temperament so far? does she get along well with other dogs? :dog:

Lukka'sma
September 20th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Technodoll, so far she displays great judgement in public. When approached by small children or small dogs she will lay down and let them approach her. What a darling. However with that said she also is very protective when on her own property. I reassure her when all is well and she takes that as a sign to lighten up and for the most part she settles down. On a couple of occasions she has taken a dislike to an approaching stranger on our walks and I have to be quite firm with her.
I don't expect she will realize until about 18 months old just what breed of dog she is, and then all this socializing to the point of exhaustion will pay off!