Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat not well

petrie46
September 18th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Can someone please help me.My cat "Salem" is 10years old and is very listless .He usually runs and plays and wants to go for his daily walk outside as I live in a unit.But today just sits there.

Last night he kept on going to his litter box and just sitting in there with ears back and when he gets out he licks his bottom all the time this went on all night long.He did a motion yesterday morning in his box because i clean his box everyday and also i know he was dinking water because i have a bowl in the bathroom and when i was dressing yesterday morning he was dinking out of it.

It is coming in to spring so now he is licking himself a fair bit so i have been giving him cat lax because he is always bringing up his fur ball. But this morning he did not want to go for walk and when i picked him up he just meowed and he is drinking the fluid in his cat food.

his symptons

he's consistantly in his litter box does nothing
licks his bottom
walking funny
listless

I think its constipation but what i want to know is how to cure it.i do not have the money for the vet
i am worried can someone please help me
thank you::sad:

mafiaprincess
September 18th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Find a vet who will take payments. A listless cat needs a vet. Not online people who have no medical training.

Dragonfly
September 18th, 2006, 06:56 PM
If you are having a pet emergency do not post in our forums - Take your pet to a veterinarian ASAP.

If it is in the middle of the night, or the weekend, find an emergency veterinarian or veterinary hospital (a telephone number you should keep handy) closest to you and take your pet there.

Pets have died while people are waiting for Internet/bulletin board advice. As with all emergencies, the longer you wait the worse it is.

How do you know if it's an emergency?
Since we cannot write a veterinary textbook here we suggest the following:
Pretend the suffering pet is your child, parent, spouse etc. What would you do if THEY were having an emergency? Given that this is a pet lover's board, the vast majority of us consider pets to be a part of our family. And when our family members have a medical emergency, we rush them to the hospital. We don't do a search on the Internet or wait for free advice.

If you haven't already done so please investigate Pet Insurance.

Please see a vet for an accurate diagnosis.