Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Saying Goodbye after 10 months

cpietra16
September 17th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Well I just came back from taking Kirby and Chelsea to their new home...sort of bitter sweet. I'll miss them. I didn'y really say goodbye, since they ran and hid, but I know they will be looked after and both women know to call me if anything goes wrong and that I will take them back no matter how much time has passed. I stayed there for 1 hour and they were kind of looking around. I could feel that they were confused and scared...As soon as I would call Chelsea would look up at me then run off. Kirby did the same...I wish they could have known. They seemed so shocked that I was leaving them. My only concern was that the women had had their basement painted (oil base ) 2 weeks ago and it really smelled..I hope they don't stay in the basement too long. I got a headache with the smell, I can imagine what it could do to a small cat:( Kirby and Chelsea have left the coop....to start their own life in their forever home....without me, Tess, Crunchie, Winnie and Nickie:sad:

cpietra16
September 17th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Chelsea looking up at me...

Frenchy
September 17th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Don't worry foster mommy....I believe that 99% of cats and dogs do get used to new families,I should know,having now 4 rescues as pets! It will take them some time but I'm sure they will be thankfull.:cat:

rainbow
September 17th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Cpietra, is this the lady that you thought was "older"? I'm sure Chelsea and Kirby will do fine. Did you mention the paint smell to her? Does she leave the windows open as much as possible?

badger
September 17th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I've had my three boys since March and I can't imagine letting them go (but must must must), so I understand how attached you must be, and they to you. Try not to worry. Did you get a good vibe from the women? Frenchy has very good vibes, which is why I saw off Paddy this morning with a light heart...

cpietra16
September 17th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Cpietra, is this the lady that you thought was "older"? I'm sure Chelsea and Kirby will do fine. Did you mention the paint smell to her? Does she leave the windows open as much as possible?

these are 2 sisters that live together' the youngest being early 70 I'm guessing. I did tell them that I would take the cats back at any time...no matter how long they have been away. If there is anything that will prevent them from looking after them they need to call me. As for the paint; they painted the cement floor 2 weeks ago and the windows have been open since then. The door from the basement is open so they can come up at any time....I just feel like no matter how much I've told them they never understood what it ment to get into that carrier for their last time...never coming back to sleep with me...:( I am sure they'll adjust better and faster than me...but I sure miss those sisters:(

cpietra16
September 17th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Try not to worry. Did you get a good vibe from the women? .

Are you kidding:p I'm Italian...I was born to worry. As for the vibes, yes I got good vibes, especially when they showed me the pictures of their other cats...they really love cats...but I just have to realize that they will love them as much as I do....I just wish I could have talked them into keeping them on the Evo diet....I gave them a part bag of Evo,and their favorite litter, and cat nip, and their bed, etc. I just want them to be healthy.:fingerscr

rainbow
September 17th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Why wouldn't they keep them on the EVO? What are they going to switch them too?

cpietra16
September 17th, 2006, 07:26 PM
They thought that Evo was expensive for the bag they got. I told them about Wellness and Felidea so they can choose...They use to feed their cats Whiskas and friskies. I can't tell what they can and can not feed their cats. I just told them the benefits. They were interested but I am not sure they'll do it.

mummummum
September 17th, 2006, 08:01 PM
:angel: :thumbs up You are a very brave and generous soul cpietra ~ you are doing such a good thing by taking in these sad little babies and preparing them for their new lives ~ it's certainly not something I or many could do. It's because of people like you that many of us have the doggies and kitties we do.Thank you.:angel: :thumbs up

badger
September 17th, 2006, 08:04 PM
So maddening about the food, maybe you could tell them that even if they mix a good brand in with something less-than-perfect, it makes a difference. Better than nothing.

Prin
September 17th, 2006, 10:44 PM
:grouphug: I hope everything goes ok.

jawert1
September 18th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Just wanted to send :grouphug: :grouphug: your way, I know you'll miss them :pawprint:

cpietra16
September 18th, 2006, 12:53 PM
UPDATE....The girls have them wrapped around their little paws:D They slept with them and when I called, they girls were laying down kneading away. They seem to have settled in very well....and a little too quick:frustrated: I lost sleep over them all night wondering if they were ok, and apparently the 2 little felines lost sleep because they couldn't decide which bed they wanted to sleep on...oh well all ends well. I will be seeing them again next week as I told her that I would bring her a few bags of the holistic food that they really like...:D