Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Barbies New Dog

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 17th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Has anyone seen this - Our beloved Barbie now has a pet pooch named Tanner - sort of looks like a Yellow Lab. Anyways Barbie is now taking care of her four legged furry friend - which includes feeding and pooper scooping. Way to go Barbie - wonder if the magnetic scooper might work for Joey. :D

http://barbie.everythinggirl.com/catalog/productbrd.aspx?sku=J9472

Did you know Barbie® doll has a dog named Tanner™? This pooch is has a mouth, ears, and tail that move with your help! You can even “feed” Tanner dog biscuits! After the pup goes potty, just clean up with a special trash can and magnetic scooper. Good doggie!

Puppyluv
September 17th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Mmm Magnetic poo! She's had him for a little while now http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=29102&highlight=barbie

Prin
September 17th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I saw that. I love it! :D They just have to make it smell horrid and then they're set.:D

Writing4Fun
September 18th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Yeah! :thumbs up :highfive: I've been seeing the commercials for a while now and I think it's great! Even my 7-year-old son commented on it (and he doesn't usually pay attention to the 'girly' toys he sees on TV :D ).

Of course, if you really want to give kids a taste for real life, let them pick up some real poo. My sister did that with our dogs once. She was doggy-sitting for me. She, her daughter and a friend took the two dogs out for a walk. My niece was holding Phoebe's leash, and Phoebe went for a poo. So my sister stopped and told her daughter to pick it up. My niece protested, but my sister reminded her that it was her idea to take Phoebe for a walk and, since she was holding the leash, the poo was her responsibilty. The friend was completely grossed out, which is a good thing because she had been making noise about getting a dog and these are people who should definitely not have a dog at this point in their lives. A very well-timed turn-off. ;)