Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi from Vancouver Island!

nansel
September 17th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Hello from the west coast!

I'm a life-time cat mom, brand new doggy mom. I've been checking out this site for lots of info about our dog - great stuff!

Hopefully this works, I've never added photos to a message board before.

This is Bo (as in Diddley), our feral rescue kitty. We adopted him and his littermate at six months, six years ago. Chuck (as in Berry) died last year from heart troubles. They'd never been in a house before our house. This is Bo sleeping in my lap last winter.

Skryker
September 17th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Welcome! And Bo certainly looks like he knows he's got life good!

Prin
September 17th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Welcome to the board! Bo is adorable.:)

nansel
September 17th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the welcome! This site rocks.

This is Maggie, our 3 year old, newly adopted (6 weeks ago) medium/big black dog. She was surrendered allegedly for being rough with small kids. Who knows. She did have a bladder infection and bladder stones, and had to have surgery to get them out. It was like having a newborn - we had to take her out to pee every couple of hours - even at night. She was hurting, poor thing. The SPCA paid for the surgery, which was awesome of them, as we had budgeted for basic vet stuff, but not major surgery right off. She's recovered just fine.

We love her to pieces - she just loves life and anything she gets to do, she's a happy camper.

This is the best photo of her we have so far - she cringes from the camera.

Skryker
September 17th, 2006, 01:17 AM
What a sweet looking girl! "Rough with children" or "Needs expensive surgery"? I know what my vote is for her surrender. :frustrated: Glad she's in a more caring home now. :thumbs up

nansel
September 17th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Hi!

Yeah, no kidding on the surrender issue. We grrrrrr at the thought that they let her be in pain for probably a couple of months (the vet figured) before giving her up. We offered to kick in some money, but the SPCA said they were glad to help, they were just happy she had a good home to go to.

I shake my head that someone could just dump their pet of three years like that - sigh, but I know it happens all the time.

rainbow
September 17th, 2006, 02:08 AM
Welcome to the forum. I love Bo's "pose" and Maggie is a real sweetie.

Kudos to you for rescuing them both. :highfive:

cpietra16
September 17th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Hi Nansel...I lived in Zeballos and Port Hardy for 20 years before coming to Montreal...where are you from and which rescues do know on the island??? This is so exciting. I worked with a few rescues. Welcome

nansel
September 17th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Hi there!
I'm in Nanaimo. I've been to Zeballos and Hardy, though!

I don't actually know the rescue Bo and his brother was from. My husband was working as a truck driver all over the Island at the time and it was a group that a woman he delivered to worked with. It was in Victoria, and the cats were being fostered by a vet when dh picked them up. Hubby can't remember, either. Although me asking just reminded him of the long, long 2 hour drive home with two yowling cats! :crazy:

cpietra16
September 17th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Do you remember if her name was Merrili, can't remember the spelling. She picked up cats from all over Northern Vancouver island and tried to place them. Great to have met you..