Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Did Odin see a ghost??

raingirl
September 16th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Hheee. I just wanted to share something....interesting with you all.

Today we went to see a holistic vet (Dr. Sharon Kopinak). Her vet clinic is in her home, which is a 150 year old farm house.

Odin loves people, but for the first time EVER he was scared of this vet, the house, and the area. I have never see him look at a house and be so scared, and this was when we were heading in. Then, while we were waiting for the vet to do something, he was whining and when she was coming back into the room, he actually flinched and backed up from the door (not the vet) as she came back in. It was the weirdest thing, because he loves ALL people and I had NEVER seen him behave like this.

After the appointment (which was almost 2 hours) I was talking with her, asking about the house, etc. She took me on a tour and told us how there is a resident ghost. A few people, including herself, have seen him.

Personally, I beleive in ghosts. I think Odin must have seen something or sensed something. Is that weird??

jesse's mommy
September 16th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Sounds like he saw a ghost to me. I too believe in ghosts and think animals know.

raingirl
September 16th, 2006, 01:45 PM
It was so weird. I have never seen him so scared of a house or the sounds in it. The vet said she and other people on the farm have seen an old man with a cap just walking around.

I am going to do some archive searches for fun to see if I can find out who owned the house and it's history. Would be a nice thing to do for her, since she was so nice to us today!!

we3beagles
September 16th, 2006, 01:50 PM
i believe in ghosts too. In my last house the dogs would get up and stare out the bedroom door and bark. I always felt uneasy in that house when left alone. When my dog Capone died we got Callie a month later and she would constantly wiggle her bum in the air and dance around like she was playing with another dog, but there wasn't one there (that I could see). I think animals see these things a lot easier that humans do because they rely so much on other senses and instinct where as humans rely so much on sight and sound.

meb999
September 16th, 2006, 03:41 PM
spoooooooky!!

rainbow
September 16th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Very interesting. I've never seen one but I believe there is something there. :o

Byrd
September 16th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Cooooollll! I would looove to see/investigate this house. I would love to be a paranormal investigator, but unfortunately there is no money in it. :(

Animals and children are highly sensitive, we tend to lose it as we get older, unless we work at it. I think he must have definitely sensed something.... how amazing. :D

Prin
September 16th, 2006, 09:46 PM
That's so creepy! I hope it hasn't spooked Odin from being good at the vet.:fingerscr

we3beagles
September 17th, 2006, 01:20 AM
Very interesting. I've never seen one but I believe there is something there. :o
I've seen one and I hope I never do again. I saw a big dark shape fall from the ceiling and disappear through the floor and a loud bang followed. I ran from the building screaming.