Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat questions

megalo
September 14th, 2006, 02:14 PM
I have a cat who only pee's on the floor sometimes. He uses the litter box most of the tims but sometimes he will pee on the floor. He also has another weird habit. He will vomit if he drinks a lot of water. I usually give him half a bowl of water a few times a day and he doesn't throw it up, so I don't know what could be his problem? Any ideas and suggestions for what to do would help. he is not a bad cat and I want to keep him but I am at my wits end and am very near to getting rid of him.

LM1313
September 14th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Take him to the vet! PRONTO!!

Your cat could have an illness that is causing this. Go to the vet and find out!

rainbow
September 14th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Usually when a cat pees outside the litterbox it's because he has a urinary or bladder infection which is something that needs antibiotics. Please take your cat to the vet and post back with an update. :cat:

megalo
September 14th, 2006, 04:10 PM
I will take him to the vet this weekend but I can't see why he would only pee periodically if he had a urinary tract problem.

rainbow
September 14th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Your cat knows he's supposed to use the litterbox and it's his instinct to do so. He can't talk and knows he has a problem so the only way for him to tell you something is wrong is by doing something wrong.

Maya
September 14th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I can't see why he would only pee periodically if he had a urinary tract problem.Symptoms of illness are not always constant, they often flare up and go down when our bodies are fighting an infection.

He also has another weird habit. He will vomit if he drinks a lot of water. I usually give him half a bowl of water a few times a day and he doesn't throw it up, so I don't know what could be his problem?

Cat's need access to water at all times. It is not a habit or normal for them to throw up after drinking, please get him checked out by a vet ASAP, he could be very sick.