Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Husky Found In London

lezzpezz
September 13th, 2006, 09:47 PM
A friend was out walking her newly adopted rescue dog, (just today!), and found a 1 yr. old-ish male black/silver/white husky running in the traffic. She has it at home now and will try to make it comfy for the night and is calling in sick to work tomorrow:D to care for it and try to find it's owner. I have asked her to try to assess it for obedience, personality, as best she can, to see if we have a better description of the dog, (to follow).

The dog is very friendly and healthy and appears to be well cared for. No tags...could be from miles away, as they can be runners! Asked her to take it to her vet tomorrow to be scanned for a chip, if we are lucky:fingerscr

She has called Animal Care and Control, but unless it is an emergency, they will not collect the dog. I told her to NOT call them to get the dog as they are not very apt at trying to find the owner and have a "short visit" policy, if you catch my drift. She called the place that she adopted her new dog from and they reiterated to NOT CALL ACC! All the fosters she knows are full up at the moment. I am contacting my foster/rescue folks after I finish this one.

Please email me if you think you know this lost dog and it's frantic owner! I am hitting the hay soon. Dog will be fine for the night in gal's care.

Sheesh! She adopted one dog today and came home with 2!! :p hahaha

lezzpezz
September 13th, 2006, 10:31 PM
HuskyX...maybe lab? who knows. He has brown eyes and excellent manners. Is not food aggressive and knows his commands. Not a howler either!!

I don't know how to attach pics... but it is time for bed.

See y'all tomorrow.....:yell: (big yawn.....)

Frenchy
September 13th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Maybe it's faith? Maybe her new doggy needs a playmate! ;)

rainbow
September 13th, 2006, 11:44 PM
There's a lost husky in the "lost + found pets" forum. :fingerscr

lezzpezz
September 14th, 2006, 07:12 AM
could't find that forum last night...too tired I guess, and a few beers in me:D

have had a lady come forth thinking she MAY know who's dog it is as well:thumbs up

lezzpezz
September 14th, 2006, 07:16 AM
the 2 huskys listed on L&F are both females and from very distant locales.....is there another London area one there that I missed??

lezzpezz
September 14th, 2006, 12:01 PM
Dog and owner to be reunited this afternoon! Hooray!

Gave owner a stern lecture on neutering the dog, leashing the dog, liscencing/chipping the dog and why all of the above is of benefit to her and her dog. Better than the alternative, which could be a deceased pet!

Also told her about off leash areas available in city as she just moved here from the stix. Is aware that animal must be neutered/vacc etc to use parks. Let's hope she is compliant!

Lezzpezz

rainbow
September 14th, 2006, 12:58 PM
The one I was thinking of was a husky/shepard cross that has been found.

Hope the lecture you gave to the owner of your found husky cross sinks in. :fingerscr

This is the husky that is still missing unless the OP hasn't given an update. :fingerscr

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=30569

lezzpezz
September 14th, 2006, 01:26 PM
And I hope that the missing Niska is soon found. It can and does happen, in the luckiest of cases.

By the way, the husky here in London is named LUCKY! Ironic...

My thoughts are with Niska and her family. Good luck:fingerscr