Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why kill them?

erykah1310
September 13th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I am sickened by the people who are killing those ray things ( the one who killed Steve Irwin)
I keep seeing it on the news, how do these people think that that is in anyway a way to honor Steve Irwin.
All that is, is an insult to everything he stood for and believed in!
Seriously you sick *^&%&s He wouldnt want it this way!!!:frustrated:

jesse's mommy
September 13th, 2006, 08:45 PM
It really is a shame because stingrays are actually very passive creatures. They are gorgeous up close. I feed them at Seaworld everytime we go. The one time a stingray mistook my finger as their food and started sucking on it. It was the weirdest thing, but very interesting because I didn't feel any teeth. I always thought they had these little sharp teeth.

Prin
September 13th, 2006, 08:46 PM
:sad: Steve would be very upset if he heard that.:(

rainbow
September 13th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I hadn't heard that this is happening. Very sad indeed and I hope someone puts a stop to it. :sad:

erykah1310
September 13th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Its been happening since a few days after he died. ( I think) Must still be happening if they keep showing pictures on the news. These people must not have respected Steve Irwin much to do such a thing. He absolutely would NOT have wanted this done to any creature.

erykah1310
September 13th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Heres a bit about it.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,213467,00.html

jiorji
September 14th, 2006, 09:36 AM
poor Steve. He's probably watching shaking his head shouting "no! no!! idiots you're not helping me in any way" :sad:

i don't see how hurting animals he loved will solve things or get any sympathy in his memory.

Jackie467
September 14th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I'm sure Steve is throwing a fit were ever he is. This is just sick and I will never understand people.

I didn't feel any teeth. I always thought they had these little sharp teeth.

When I was in Grand Cayman I got to swim and feed the wild sting rays. There is nothing else like it. They actully have two hard plates in their mouths that they grind together to grind up their food. If they do get you pretty good it doesn't really hurt but it leaves a mark that looks like a hicky.

KarineB
September 14th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I swam with the sting rays when I also went to the Cayman Islands. And it was probably one of the coolest things I have ever done. There is nothing like seeing one of these majestic animals swim all around you so effertlessly.

People who are harming and killing these creatures are doing exactly what Steve would have not wanted them to do.

ChancesMom
September 14th, 2006, 11:48 PM
How horrible!!!

People are too quick to kill things... :sad: