Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Who's the real victim here?

Writing4Fun
September 13th, 2006, 08:13 AM
I was watching A-Channel news this morning. They were reporting on a man in New Tecumseth who is offering a $1000 reward for the return of his - get this - 6-week old Doberman puppies. They were taken from - get this again - the outdoor pen in his yard. I didn't hear this during the report, but the ticker at the bottom of the screen indicated that he was a "breeder". :rolleyes: The report made it sound like he was the victim. He tried to appear all distraught and even turned away from the camera like he was crying.

If I had been the reporter covering this story, here are the questions I would have thrown at this guy...

1) Why were the 6-week old puppies nowhere near their mother?

2) Why were the 6-week old puppies in an outdoor pen? It's been cold and raining here for the better part of a week, at least.

Just goes to show ... a news report is only as 'real' as the reporter decides it needs to be. :frustrated:

Sariss
September 13th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Why do I have a feeling whoever stole these puppies will have them die due to parvo?

Writing4Fun
September 13th, 2006, 08:30 AM
I'm wondering if the person(s) who stole the puppies didn't do it to prevent them dying from parvo! :pawprint:

Golden Girls
September 13th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Well, there's more good people than bad so hopefully they were taken because they were left outside unattended :fingerscr I hope their in better hands.