Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Permit me a wee brag....

Carina
February 9th, 2004, 09:06 PM
I just got back from NYC. I wrote a dog book that just won the 2003 Dog Writers Of America Maxwell Award for "best book under 100 pages."
:cool: :D :)
The awards banquet was held at the Southgate hotel, directly across from Madison Square Gardens, so there were show dogs & dog people everywhere, it was a real honor to meet them.
Unfortunately this writing business pays squat, so I couldn't stay longer & go to the show....!

Lucky Rescue
February 9th, 2004, 10:25 PM
CONTRATULATIONS CARINA!!

That is a BIG brag!http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/cheers.gif

Carina
February 9th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Thank you!!
I'm really pretty honored. I need to get off my butt & get some more writing out there. :)
Here's the book from my publishers website; though it's being sold all over the place & even in some other countries too:

http://www.dogwise.com/ItemDetails.cfm?ID=DN208

Luba
February 9th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Hey you smart cookie you (pssst Marko can she sell it on here lol)

Congratz girlie!!!

LavenderRott
February 9th, 2004, 11:26 PM
I can't believe that one of my best friends is an award winning author!

If you autograph my copy of your book, I will let you take Cooper home. Deal?

Carina
February 10th, 2004, 07:02 AM
Sandi I'll be by shortly to steal my dog back from you & of course we'll autograph your book. Cooper's autographed quite a few, I put paint on his paw pad & press his foot down. :)

amaruq
February 10th, 2004, 08:00 AM
WTG!!!! You must be very proud and you should be!!!!!

mona_b
February 10th, 2004, 09:00 AM
Congradulations Carina.

Your family must be very proud of you.:)

wAggie
February 10th, 2004, 08:41 PM
way da go, girl!

WOOF WOOF!

:p

Lucky Rescue
February 10th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Those are some rave reviews you got! Awesome!:D

Spoiled
February 11th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Good job!!!!! Congratulations!:)

Carina
February 11th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks all!
It's been doing fairly well...I did an interview with The Bark magazine a few months ago, Dog Fancy reviewed it (they weren't impressed :p but who cares what they think, it's publicity) and I'll be on the Steve Dale pet radio show soon.
First book I've ever written - and the second thing anyone has every actually paid me for - so I'm pretty happy! :)
Plus I have a fabulous editor/publisher. I've got to know Charlene personally (Dogwise) and she & her family are wonderful people & worked hard to help me.

Rolex
February 11th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Congratulations Carina!!

That is a great accomplishment. You deserve a 'great big' pat on the back and an added 'thumbs up'.:D :D