Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

gimme shelter

badger
September 12th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I have been feeding this fellow for a few weeks now. According to the neighbours, he was left behind by someone who moved over a year ago. He is terribly skinny but we're working on it.
Another winter outside will be very hard on him.
Can anyone help?

Maxine
September 12th, 2006, 07:17 PM
I hope he will find his furever home.... He's very handsome by the way, I wish I could help but I already have princess Miss Miew:o

Maxine

rainbow
September 14th, 2006, 01:47 PM
I hope karma has caught up with those people by now. :mad: Poor little guy....I hope someone there can help. :fingerscr

chico2
September 14th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Aww Badger,another one:sad: He is really beautiful:fingerscr :fingerscr maybe even someone here would want him:fingerscr
He looks like Champ who just returned home..at least for the time beeing he has food,thank's to you:angel:

badger
September 14th, 2006, 05:58 PM
He's just had a big bowl of mackerel, under a rusty car where I feed him, in the rain. He really is a nice cat, he would 'clean up' beautifully - a few extra pounds, a snip, maybe a dewormer and he'll be gorgeous. So unfair. He hangs around people's doors and occasionally they throw him a scrap but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who feeds him regularly.
On garbage days here, you can see the strays tearing into green plastic bags up and down the block, looking for edibles. It breaks my heart, they would all 'clean up' beautifully if anyone gave a damn.

rainbow
September 14th, 2006, 06:08 PM
I'm sure glad he has you looking out for him badger. :angel:

He is gorgeous though and I hope somebody at pets.ca can help out and give him a forever home. :fingerscr :cat:

chico2
September 15th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Badger,I am sure relieved I do not live where there are so many stray cats,it would put me in a constant unhappy state and with the long cold winter coming,it will only get worse:sad:
Just reading about it is enough...I am sure every single stray would clean up nicely,they do not deserve that kind of life:evil:
For as long as I live,I'll never understand evil people who abandon cats to survive on their own.
I've said it many times before,but thank's for being who you are,trying to help an unending stream of suffering kitties:pawprint:

badger
September 15th, 2006, 11:22 AM
For orange cat lovers, there's another fellow who comes bravely to my 3rd-floor porch every night, small, permanently hunched over, chopped-off tail, rheumy eyes, and an inexplicably gorgeous coat. I can now give him a bit of a head-scratch and even put my fingers in his bowl, to make sure he gets every last scrap. The fight these guys put up to stay alive never ceases to amaze me.
He's not a feral, just someone's beaten-down pet. I'm dying to bring him inside (no room) or see him somewhere safe.
Orange cat lovers?

Frenchy
September 16th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Badger,I have questions but will pm you.

Frenchy
September 16th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I'm sure glad he has you looking out for him badger. :angel:

He is gorgeous though and I hope somebody at pets.ca can help out and give him a forever home. :fingerscr :cat:
Like I told Badger,I'm very interested by the grey fellow.And I'm ready for him too,I bought everything a cat needs this morning! All I need is him now.Let's say everything works out,I will need some help finding him a name......

chico2
September 16th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Frenchy,he looks so beautiful and shiny,in spite of living outdoors...he needs a nice kind of regal name,maybe something like Napoleon(although he was not very regal:D )or maybe Irwin in honor of Steve??

jesse's mommy
September 16th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Go Frenchy, go Frenchy, it's your birthday, go Frenchy!

Frenchy
September 16th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Frenchy,he looks so beautiful and shiny,in spite of living outdoors...he needs a nice kind of regal name,maybe something like Napoleon(although he was not very regal:D )or maybe Irwin in honor of Steve??
I need a cuter name,my last cat was named Dweezil :rip: something easy for a french girl to pronounce!:D

jesse's mommy
September 16th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I think you should wait to name him until you see his personality. I'm so happy for you. Congrats!

Frenchy
September 16th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I'm picking him up tomorrow morning!wooohoooo.That is if he doesn't decide to go eat breakfast elsewhere than at Badger's! Went to a name data base (for male goldens) here's what I got so far ; Blue,Iggy,Jamie,Madison (girl's name?) Mojo (after Jim Morrison) Paddington,Payton or Zazoo.

Writing4Fun
September 16th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Awwwww, Frenchy! Felicitations! Il est tellement beau! :love: How about "Beau"? I agree that he needs a 'manly' name (like "Matt"? :D ), nothing too cutesy. I like Blue (ou "Bleu"). Mojo is my sister's dog's name, so I can't see it applied to a cat. :p Or maybe Zizou, after Zinadine Zidane? (Especially if he likes to give head butts ... ha, ha, ha!) :D

meb999
September 16th, 2006, 03:39 PM
what a lucky little kitty : he has two angels looking out for him!

Frenchy, don't forget to keep us updated, and post lotsa pictures.

Yay!!! :highfive:

Inverness
September 16th, 2006, 03:40 PM
For orange cat lovers, there's another fellow who comes bravely to my 3rd-floor porch every night, small, permanently hunched over, chopped-off tail, rheumy eyes, and an inexplicably gorgeous coat. I can now give him a bit of a head-scratch and even put my fingers in his bowl, to make sure he gets every last scrap. The fight these guys put up to stay alive never ceases to amaze me.
He's not a feral, just someone's beaten-down pet. I'm dying to bring him inside (no room) or see him somewhere safe.
Orange cat lovers?

Sorry Badger, I hear you, but I'm not over my Jules yet. Couldn't start over just now. :sad:

chico2
September 16th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Aww,Zizou is a great name,headbutts or not I always LOVED him!

badger
September 16th, 2006, 04:26 PM
That's OK Inverness, I was just throwing it out there. Actually, I'm equally crazed about my fosters. The dynamic is not great and a long winter looms..

rainbow
September 16th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Like I told Badger,I'm very interested by the grey fellow.And I'm ready for him too,I bought everything a cat needs this morning! All I need is him now.Let's say everything works out,I will need some help finding him a name......

Aww, my wish came true. :cloud9:

Kudos to you Frenchy for giving this beautiful boy a forever home. :highfive:

I like Zazoo or Zizou. :D

Writing4Fun
September 16th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Aww,Zizou is a great name,headbutts or not I always LOVED him! Me, too. :thumbs up

phoenix
September 16th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I like Blue.
Lovely kitty, congratulations :thumbs up

chico2
September 17th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Any news??? He might not let himself be easily caught,right?
Feeding him I would think is not that difficult,catching him another story,or am I wrong?

cpietra16
September 17th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Ash would be nice name too...does the cat have a tattoo in the ear...? Are you sure its a male

badger
September 17th, 2006, 09:37 AM
I am waiting for Frenchy to arrive momentarily. The cat did NOT appreciate being whistled into the crate. Here he thought it was just another morning, big bowl of food, belly rub, then back to hanging out in the 'hood. Nope!

He hissed and spat and drooled. Now he's sitting in there in a bad mood, won't settle, won't eat. It will pass. But I did have a pang. As long as he was fed, he had a pretty carefree life. Now he will be a semi-prisoner. I know, I know, no need to list the many advantages of a home and the terrible disadvantages of being on the alley, especially during the winter. But I had a pang nonetheless.
He's a beauty. I hope Frenchy will like him.
Oh yes, he's a he.

Frenchy has come and gone. We left the cat in the crate, deciding it was too risky to put him in a mere box. Think crazed cat hanging off your eyeballs on the Ville-Marie Parkway. Let's hope when he sees his new, spacious accommodation, he will relax. Not a biter, thank god, just scared out of his wits.

I know his name! but will let Frenchy announce it.

Writing4Fun
September 17th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Ash would be nice name too... Yes, except that someone with a thick French accent might end up pronouncing it 'Hash'. ;)

Frenchy
September 17th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Yes, except that someone with a thick French accent might end up pronouncing it 'Hash'. ;)
Yes and other french people will think I named my cat after a drug....This cat is totally :cool: didn't say a word in the car,I was talking and meowing to him! Got home and put the cage on the bed in the guest room,the dogs and him smelled eachother,no growling or hissing from mister cat.Daisy just wagged her tail and left the room,Bailey can't wait for cat to be free in the house and Sam liked him too.I set everything up for him in HIS room,got the dogs out,close the door and let him out of the cage.He never hiss or spit,not at all,instead,he came at me asking to be pet!He even layed down on the floor and showed me his belly! I can't believe this cat came from the streets! Badger,you sure did a good job with him! He had some kibble mixt in with sardines,yummy he said! How long do you think I will have to wait before letting him in the rest of the house? I can't wait!And he's a beauty!!! He is more affectionate with me than my 2 other cats that I had for 12 years!:rip: Unfortunatly,I can't take pics of him,I need to replace the wire to download.But it will come soon.For the name,I really like Paddington but will wait to see if it fits him....Thanks Badger for taking care of him,because of you,he gets to live in a house with other pet friends and lots of cudles!!::angel: Will keep everyone updated.I had things to do today but instead,I will spend lots of time with him!!!

jesse's mommy
September 17th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Yeah Frenchy and Badger! That's so wonderful. I can't wait to hear all the stories about your new boy!

Skryker
September 17th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Oh, congrats, Frenchy and "Mr. Cat"! :thumbs up He's so gorgeous! And he's also probably really, really happy to have a home again. He looks a lot like my neighbour's cat Sneezer. Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys.

rainbow
September 17th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I had things to do today but instead,I will spend lots of time with him!!!

That's a good mommy. :D

Glad the move from badger's house to your house went so well. And, again, thanks for rescuing the handsome boy as well. :highfive:

Keep us updated.

cpietra16
September 17th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks for giving me a play by play, frenchy. I am about to send off the 2 sisters in less than 1 hour and I am glad to see that on the other end, someone is really happy to have the kitty home.It will make this so much easier..thank-you

chico2
September 17th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Aww,That's great news Frenchy,I hope everyone will be happy together:fingerscr
Thank's Badger,without you this little guy would not have a home..
A BIG hug to both of youhttp://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif

rainbow
September 17th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Thanks for giving me a play by play, frenchy. I am about to send off the 2 sisters in less than 1 hour and I am glad to see that on the other end, someone is really happy to have the kitty home.It will make this so much easier..thank-you

Is this Chelsey and Kirby? Are they going to the older lady? And was she as old as you thought?

badger
September 17th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Good news! Merci mille fois Frenchy, you are Paddy's angel for sure.

meb999
September 17th, 2006, 03:31 PM
WOOHOOOO!!!!! :thumbs up

Frenchy
September 17th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks everyone ! But let's not forget about the orange one,any takers????:pray:

badger
September 17th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Haven't seen him for three days :( No doubt he has other sources of food and I know he lives on the next alley over with a band of ragtag moggies just like him, Artful Dodgers all (until they die), I avoid going there.

Maxine
September 18th, 2006, 08:26 PM
bravo frenchy! Je suis super contente for you and the cutie:angel:
I wish you the best with your new kitty!:highfive:

Maxine:cat: