Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

buy a bell

surveychick
September 11th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Where can i buy a bell?? it's not one of those things you buy very often and i am stumped... i need one to hang off the back door so my golden tells me he needs to go out.

Any ideas?
thanks!

PetFriendly
September 11th, 2006, 08:14 PM
I have parrot bells that work fairly well, they were in the bird section at the pet store and I got the biggest ones there.

jessi76
September 11th, 2006, 08:16 PM
craft store, or the fabric/craft section of a larger department type store (target, walmart, etc...).

Dog Dancer
September 12th, 2006, 12:46 PM
With Christmas just around the corner you should be able to find bells almost everywhere! Try any craft place.

Melinda
September 12th, 2006, 01:40 PM
http://www.poochie-pets.net/

I use these, one set inside and the wireless doorbell for when she's outside and wants in.

Dog Dancer
September 12th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Actually Melinda, your link reminded me of my last dog who would ring the door bell when she wanted to come in. My mom was visiting and heard the bell ring and was surprised when I told her it was the dog. She would jump up at the door to get in and that's just where the doorbell was. I doubt I could have taught her that, but it worked!

mafiaprincess
September 13th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Wow.. that's hilarious!

I have a parrot bell. First one I bought wasn't loud enough, returned it. Got another with a bigger piece inside and it even came with a clip to clip it to a cage.. so I clip it to the chain.

H.P.
September 13th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Just a warning, I got one of the desk bells (like at the old hotel front desks), it did not work well. Sydney decided it was a great toy and carried it all over the house, shaking it, all the time :evil:

rainbow
September 13th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Go to a sporting goods store. They should have bells used by lazy fishermen on their rods to alert if a fish is on the line or else bear bells that people use when they're walking in the bush to scare bears off.