Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pet hair brushes, best for short hair?

ChancesMom
September 11th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Does anyone have any recommended brushes for dogs with short hair, like pit bulls?

Thanks a bunch!

Toonces
September 11th, 2006, 07:01 AM
I have had really good luck with the Zoom Groom brush made by Kong for my Brandy, she has really short fur and hates normal brushes, this gives her a massage at the same time as getting rid of the fly aways, you have to use it outside tho cause the fur really flys.

Here is a pic of one

Lissa
September 11th, 2006, 10:45 AM
I use a hound glove on Dodger but since they can be hard to find, I have also started using a rubber brush - very much like a curry comb for horses...almost like the above pictured brush but the bristles are shorter which seems to work better for Dodger!

phoenix
September 11th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I use a zoom groom too. Also have a shedding glove (it has little pimples of rubber on it and you wear it on your hand).

Prin
September 11th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I have a similar rubbery thing as well as one of those metal picky comb things (shedding blade?). It looks brutal, but it really does the the dead undercoat out. (Just don't push hard at all :eek: )

rainbow
September 11th, 2006, 07:53 PM
The shedding blade is awesome. I've used it after my dogs have come back from the groomer and get a lot more hair. :eek:

ChancesMom
September 12th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Thank you!
Bosoxy.

angeldogs
September 12th, 2006, 04:38 AM
Our groomer told me to use a regular rubber glove on Jag for his short hair.