Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My not so brave dog

angeldogs
September 11th, 2006, 01:55 AM
I was just out on a walk with Jag.And in our walk we came across a lion statue.Well he coward and would not walk past it.So i had to walk up to it to show him it wasn't real.As he was pulling backwards.I started hitting hit with the palm of my hand.He slowly walked up to it and sniffed it.Told him i would not let anything hurt him.As we walked away from it he just stared back at it like it was going to come after him.It was funny.My brave little Jag.

Cathy1
September 11th, 2006, 01:24 PM
I can picture that happening. When I took Duke for a walk last winter he spotted a snowman. He was snarling and his hair was up. When I was finally able to get him over to it, he peed on him.:D

Prin
September 11th, 2006, 01:55 PM
That's so funny and so sad for the doggy at the same time. Good job of reassuring him though.:)

rainbow
September 11th, 2006, 06:07 PM
When I was finally able to get him over to it, he peed on him.

Hee hee...that's funny. :D

It was a plastic grocery bag stuck on a branch and flapping in the breeze that scared my dogs. :crazy:

erykah1310
September 11th, 2006, 06:13 PM
When i was younger my dog Max would NOT walk any where NEAR a man hole cover :confused: :shrug:

Kita is one of those fraidy cat dogs. She doesnt like many things, and if people come up to her too fast that she doesnt know ( mostly men) she cowers and pees. ( Poor Gurl:( )

Hunter's_owner
September 11th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Cassie is definetly a scaredy cat type of dog. She won't walk across a bridge, you either have to pick her up and carry her, or wait until there is no traffic and then walk in the middle of the road :( , lol. She also won't walk over man hole covers. She is very brave around people when they are far away, gets excited and wags her tail, but if they come too close too fast, she cowers. Funny she can be so scared of everything else, but yet she bosses Hunter around for fun.:cool: (She is a 20 pound beagle, and Hunter is a 90 pound lab):shrug:

angeldogs
September 12th, 2006, 03:29 AM
It's also the expressions he has on his face.That adds to it.On our walks there is a house with a dear statue.He will stop about 20 feet a way and just stare at it.Sometimes in his pointer stance.You would think he would know with smell the stuff isn't real.With all the rabbits,racoons,skunks and the other critters.he see's them and go's nuts.The fake ones scare him or he just stares.If something scares him.When walking away he looks back and just keeps doing that and all most walks into things.It's hard not to laugh at him:D

coppperbelle
September 12th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Two winters ago some kids built a huge snowman close to the street. It totally freaked Hunter out and even now when he walks by that house he looks for the snowman.

angeldogs
September 13th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Makes you wonder what there thing.this morning were walking.We past 2 motorcycles in a driveway we see every walk.Jag stops stares walks away looks back and trips over a wall about a foot high.He's Ok.He sees them every walk never gave them a second look till today.Makes me wonder about him.

TMac
September 14th, 2006, 09:21 PM
When we adopted Toby, they told us he'd have to work on his confidence...nooooo kidding! In the early days, he was afraid of:

the recycle box
snowmen
construction signs (the blinking ones)
barbeques - this was the most hilarious because he had a real hate-on for one in particular and would bark at it like it was a big black monster out to get him!
man hole covers - he's not too afraid anymore but he still walks carefully around the very edge of them so he doesn't have to step right on it!

He's gotten a lot better as we've really worked on desensitizing him and assuring him that its okay, but I think he'll always be a little bit chicken! :dog:

angeldogs
September 16th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I hope he gets over it soon.BBQ's he only tries to pull you away from them when your tring to cook.Is being that scared in their nature.

meb999
September 16th, 2006, 03:06 PM
Too funny! Dogs are scared of the weirdest things! Buster once freaked out at a sprinkler (the ones that make alot of noise : tch, tch, tch, cth, trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr). all his hairs were up and he crouched real close to the ground. I laughed so much I almost peep myself.

dtbmnec
September 16th, 2006, 03:16 PM
That's funny!

Its good to know that if you're ever attacked by a lion at any point he'll come to your rescue :p

Pawz used to be terrified of plastic bags or anything coming at him....he's ok now but it was still rather funny....if you had a plastic bag in your hands he'd run from you...

Leo on the other hand is not afraid of anything...in fact I'm sure if he could he'd jump out our windows (3rd floor)...:eek: Dart would probably follow....

Megan

angeldogs
September 17th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Some of these scaredy cat stories to funny:D