Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Husky Dog in Whitby Ontario

Eri
September 10th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Hi we have sadly lost our beautiful Husky dog last night. She has been missing since 8:30 p.m. on Saturday, September 9th. She is not from this area and is my parents dog. She has been staying with us here in Whitby for a few weeks while my father underwent surgery. She is from Commanda, Ontario and has "Township of Nipissing" tags with her dog tag number. She answers to the name "Niska".

Niska went missing from the Fallingbrook / Dryden area. Rossland and Garden is also an intersection near to where she was lost. If you have seen her or have found her, please contact us as soon as possible.

Thank you!!

cpietra16
September 11th, 2006, 03:25 PM
I hope you find her...would she be trying to get to her home?? Is it far? Good luck:fingerscr

Eri
September 11th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks - Her home is more than a three hour drive away, so she will not be able to find it on her own. She is not familiar with this area either, so she will have a very difficult time trying to get back to us. There has been a sighting reported last night in the Anderson / Taunton area, but we have not been able to find her there yet. The search continues!!!

Eri

rainbow
September 11th, 2006, 05:07 PM
How far is the Anderson/Taunton area from the Fallingbrook/Dryden area? Is it in the direction towards your parents place? Is this the first time she's been to your place?

Will she go up to a stranger? I have a husky and he's my third. Most huskies are quite apprehensive when approaching someone they don't know.

I know the anguish you must be going through. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her safe return. Please keep us posted. :fingerscr :fingerscr

Ami&BellasMom
September 12th, 2006, 07:48 AM
:sorry: , here are a couple of sites in your area to check.
www.uxbridgescugog.petfinder.com they are the Uxbridge-Scugog animal control.
www.pawsanimalservices.ca they are located on Thickson rd.
Oshawa also has a shelter at 919 Farewell. I went down Simcoe to Wentworth go east to Farewell then go south, they are on the left side of the road.
Also check the Toronto Humane Society under lost & found, they have a husky at the shelter right now, it looks young, maybe about 2-4.
Keep your :fingerscr and keep on :D

rainbow
September 12th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Any updates? :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr