Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Girls may be leaving

cpietra16
September 10th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Well after 10 months my two sisters, Chlesea and Kirby (name may be changed) may have found a new home. The lady will give me a definite answer tomorrow, but she and her husband seem to be leaning towards a yes. If they do go they will be sadly missed...but happy they have :fingerscr found their last and forever home. It was a nice 10 months, but at the end this is best...poor Winnie lost her favorite Dora bed to Kirby (she is still deathly afraid of this clawsless wonder:rolleyes: ). It could be that Kirby almost outweighs Winnie by a few pounds:D . Anyway I guess this is the end of my last chapter with them as they go off and start a new chapter. I hope they will be well taken care of.

chico2
September 10th, 2006, 03:49 PM
CPietra,I am almost sad to hear that:sad: but I know you have a handful and 2 less would be great.
10 months of fostering is a long time and I am certain you love these 2 girls,were it not for you,they might not have had a life at all,after that jerk dumped them for a girlfriend.
You are a wonderful,wonderful person for doing what you are doing:cat:
I hope the girls will be ok with another move:fingerscr

Frenchy
September 10th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Good luck to the girls :fingerscr :pray:

rainbow
September 10th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Aww, you must have been so attached to them after 10 months of fostering. :angel: It's nice to know though, that they will be going together to a new forever home. :love:

Prin
September 10th, 2006, 04:59 PM
So bittersweet. :( On "paper" it's a good thing, but I know your heart must be breaking at the same time.:grouphug:

Frenchy
September 11th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Any news? :fingerscr

cpietra16
September 11th, 2006, 08:30 PM
We have a problem. I just got a call from another lady who wants them...No one wanted them for 10 months and now I have people from all over calling to see them.
Now I'm just waiting for the phone call from the first couple. I am not 100% convinced that they would be best. She use to be allergic to cats and now she says she's not. She got stuffy when she came over to meet the girls, but said she had a cold:rolleyes: ...I don't know. I just don't want a call 3 months from now telling me that she can't keep them. The other reason I am a little worried is because she can't have them until the first week of October because her inlaws are coming to town and they are allergic to cats and don't like them...:yell: I think I'll just forget the whole thing and keep them:D

Frenchy
September 11th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Are you serious? Are you really going to keep them! not putting any pressure here,no,no. Adopters always call at the same time! What about the lady? Didn't fit the bill?

cpietra16
September 11th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I would love to keep them, but I know in my heart they, especially Chelsea would be happier without Nickie, the queen B in this household.
The lady I really like, but have not met. She lives with her sister and she sounds older. What if they pass away before the cats do, then what will happen. i guess I could always ask them to write me n their will:D ...just kidding. Anyway I'll see what happens tomorrow. Whatever happens I will have to go to their home to bring the cats. I made sure they all know that. I like to get a feel of someones place and see where my kitties will stay for the remainder of their lives. Trust me, if I had a bigger house I would keep them...but I know that's completely selfish:o

poodletalk
September 11th, 2006, 09:37 PM
I am sure you will make the best decision for them.

:offtopic: How's it going with Charlie and Tiger, are they coming around yet?

chico2
September 12th, 2006, 07:33 AM
CPietra,I soo understand you,there are a few too many what if's,with the first couple and the home they will be going to,has to be their last:love:
You have an awesome responsability with these two girls..
An older woman might be good for them,depending on how old and how healthy.
Even I at 62,although relatively healthy,worry about the fact my cats might outlive me,especially Vinnie who is only 4:sad:

rainbow
September 12th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I feel the same way Chico and I'm four years younger than you. I just can't imagine not having any pets though. I keep telling myself that once the four I have now are gone that the best thing to do is foster, as long as I'm still able to of course. :o

Cpietra, maybe the woman isn't as old as she sounds on the phone. And maybe her sister is quite a bit younger. You can always ask what they're plans would be should the cats outlive them. ;)

chico2
September 12th, 2006, 01:31 PM
The same here,if I live to be old and my cats have passed,I'll probably save a little old dog/cat from the shelter.
A home is not a home without a little furry to cuddle up to.:love:

canine14
October 1st, 2006, 06:09 PM
Any news?

How's Tess?

cpietra16
October 1st, 2006, 06:13 PM
Hi Canine14, The Sisters are living in paradise. The 2 human sisters love them. Tess misses them but I have more lovin for her:D
As you can see Tess is great...

Prin
October 1st, 2006, 06:23 PM
hee hee poor Tess would be humiliated if she found out! :D

How are you coping? :o

cpietra16
October 1st, 2006, 06:29 PM
I saw them again yesterday in their new home. The ladies are great. I took pictures and they asked me to come back any time for more pictures. They are so loved. They have more toys than my kids. The ladies have pictues of all their past cats and its very easy to see how much love they have for the girls.

cpietra16
October 1st, 2006, 06:37 PM
Canine14...here's another of Tess. Trust me she's doing very well.

canine14
October 1st, 2006, 10:03 PM
I am so happy to hear GOOD news. After my husband's accident, everything has been quite dark and hopeless. Tess was always a special girl and she found the most perfect home possible.

cpietra16
October 2nd, 2006, 06:50 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands accident. I hope he is doing well. I didn't know. Did I miss the post.

~michelle~
October 2nd, 2006, 10:42 AM
glad to hear that they found a new loving forever home..... i would never be able to do what you do