Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pics of my furniece and furnephews

Skryker
September 10th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I finally managed to bug my brother for pictures of his cats. They are Sheba, Monty and Dexter. All three came from outside next door, when the stray cat population was at its peak. My brother had come for a visit just after losing his beloved Toby, and Monty and Sheba instantly decided that his lap was the best place ever for a nap, so when he left, he took kittens with him. :angel:

Dexter originally lived with a man in my brother's building. This guy loved cats with extra toes (Dexter has 8 toes on one front foot, and I think 7 on the other), so he took in Dexter. Unfortunately, Dexter (whose name was Mugsy at first) not only hid all the time, but the man couldn't even touch him and had to call my brother everytime he needed something done with Dexter. And Dexter started to beat up Mouse, the other cat in the apartment. And 7 claws aswinging do some major damage. So Mugsy moved upstairs and became Dexter.

Pointy ears is sheba, round ears is Monty..thumbs is dexter.-that's how my brother told me to tell them apart in the pictures.

This one is Monty, otherwise known as Montgomery Blackcat.

Skryker
September 10th, 2006, 01:27 PM
And this is Monty and Sheba-Monty is laying down (I think).

Skryker
September 10th, 2006, 01:29 PM
This is Dexter-see the thumbs?

Skryker
September 10th, 2006, 01:30 PM
And this is one of Dexter's deadly feet :D .

Skryker
September 10th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Another Dexter. I love his mittens!

Skryker
September 10th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Sheba, crashed on the couch. Looks comfy, doesn't she?

Skryker
September 10th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Kitten Monty, hanging out in the sink. He's so big now (15 pounds), he prefers the bathtub.

Prin
September 10th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Very cute pics, FurAuntie.:) I love the mitts too.

erykah1310
September 10th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Very adorable!
The "mitts" kinda freak me out for some reason, I dont really know why

But very adorable neice and nephew :thumbs up

chico2
September 10th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Aww,and all three of them black:love: beautiful kitties:cat:

cpietra16
September 10th, 2006, 04:29 PM
What beauties..love the paws...hard to tell them apart though:D

rainbow
September 10th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Awww, another mitten kitten. That would be the only one I could tell apart. :D

Skryker
September 10th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Yeah, it is hard to tell them apart, even in person! Sheba and Dexter look so much alike, you have to look at the feet. Monty is different; his face is shaped differently, and so is his body and he has a different type of coat. There were 2 different black tom cats around here when these guys were born, so I think Sheba and Dexter share a father, and Monty is their cousin through the maternal side (which probably makes him related through their father, too-he was the first tom cat to hang around and is probably Monty's grandfather. Unfortunately, it probably makes him Sheba and Dexter's grandfather and father both-ewww!).

Because Monty and Sheba were so inseperable as kittens, we thought they were from the same litter, but it turns out Sheba is older by a couple of months. There were, in total, 5 black kittens around that summer along with assorted others. Most of them ended up at the local (no kill) SPCA finally. My neighbour was feeding strays, and one pregnant female turned into 40-50 cats within a few years. Poor things-while the neighbourhood did our best to find them homes, too many of them met with bad ends. My brother's 3, kitty heaven of a different kind-they're spoiled rotten! :D

There is one remaining outdoor cat living in my neighbour's garage-I see the poor thing is pregnant again. :frustrated: I know he means well, but he hates for any of "his" cats to leave and gets really touchy if anyone tries to intervene. I can't tell you how many tears I've cried over these poor cats. I've found homes for a number of them and taken a few over to the local vet for treatment when they were sick-the vet keeps them until they are well, and then finds homes for them.

That went :offtopic: -sorry for the rant. It's just so hard to deal with. At least some of them have good homes now.

Ronni52565
September 16th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Awwww They are adorable!!!