Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Vets in West Mississauga

Stacer
September 9th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Can anyone recommend a good, nice vet in West Mississauga. I've looked up vets and there are so many that I can't choose, so if there's anyone out there who really loves their vet and thinks that I should give their vet my business, please do let me know. :thumbs up

les
September 10th, 2006, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure exactly what part of Mississauga you're in but I grew up in the Dundas / Mavis area =)

My family always took our dogs to South Peel Veterinary Hospital - I even took my last dog there and would drive 30 - 40 minutes from where I moved just so I didn't have to switch vets!

Here's there info:

South Peel Veterinary Hospital
3484 Mavis Rd.
905-277-4500

That's on Mavis between Dundas and Burnhamthorpe

Dr. Smith was ALWAYS my favorite.

I can also tell you one to stay away from but I better PM you that!

Stacer
September 10th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks les, I'll check them out.

scotswop
September 11th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I've been to see Dr. Smith twice now and he seems really nice. He's so kind to Buddy. I haven't been anywhere else, so can't compare.

Stacer
September 11th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Two recommendations for the same vet, he must be good! Thanks

les
September 11th, 2006, 07:19 PM
He's so nice :thumbs up

Reminds me of Santa ;)

When I had to put my last dog to sleep he was so nice and caring and sad too (he had seen her pretty well her whole life) - I was pretty hysterical. And he donated to Pet Trust in memory of her.

Honestly the only reason I changed vets is I'm about an hour away and I have 2 young dogs and I just knew sometime I'd have some sort of emergency and need a vet fast. Otherwise I'd have stayed as long as he was there.