Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need Advice, opinions etc..

Sunnee
September 9th, 2006, 05:06 PM
I'm hoping this is the right spot to post this as I am very new here.. This is what's going on... I rescued a kitten that was going to be abandoned at 4 weeks old and at the time I was working a full time job things were going good etc.. I have just recently had to take sick leave from work and now the kitten is 14 weeks old and is due for his first shot.. I can't imagine giving up to the humane society as I hate to see them in the cages (although I know that the humane society is an awesome orginization I am one of the ones that goes there and wants to take all them home). I can't just give him away to someone I don't know.. my sister just adopted a cat and if my brother took him he'd probabley make him live in the barn.. if they've been raised in a barn than that's fine but because we've had this little guy since (well it was actually 2 days before he turned) 4 weeks old, he's spoiled rotten and loves the love. I can't imagine giving my baby up. :sorry: that this is soo long and i'm still hoping that things will work out:fingerscr

rainbow
September 9th, 2006, 05:11 PM
He should have had his first shots at 7 to 8 weeks old as well as deworming.
I'm not exactly sure what it is that you are asking. :confused:

chico2
September 9th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Sunnee,why if he is such a sweet kitten and you rescued him,would you even consider giving him up:sad:
If it is about money for shots,hopefully the vet would take payments,or as long as the cat is an indoor cat,wait until you have the money..
He will need to be neutered too and here shots and neutering would be about $200.
Please talk to a vet and explain the situation,hopefully you'll find a compassionate one.:fingerscr

rainbow
September 9th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Okay, I thought that because you are on sick leave from work that you would still be receiving sick pay. If that is not enough for you to afford the vet bill could your brother, sister or another family member help out until you are back to work?

erykah1310
September 9th, 2006, 06:32 PM
I too dont really see what you're asking? However, if its basically you think you have to rehome your cat because you cant afford his needles right this minute. I would just have to say. Get them done when you can afford it.
Assuming he is a strictly indoor cat

Sunnee
September 9th, 2006, 06:42 PM
I did actually call the vet's office after I brought him home to set up an appointment for a 6 week check up and I don't know if she just didn'twant to get the book out (as it wasn't the regular lady working at the desk) but she said, 'if i didn't have any concerns with him than he'd be fine until he was 3 months". I was sure that I'd had my other babies in at their 6 weeks. Thanks for the advice... I think I will call the vet's office Monday and talk to them.. I've been a customer of their's for years now and have always paid the bill before I even left the office:thumbs up
:pray: :fingerscr

They are indoor cats
My baby boy

rainbow
September 9th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Awww, your little six-toed mitten kitten. I love his markings. :)

I wonder why the receptionist would tell you that he can wait until he's three months old for his first shots.

chico2
September 10th, 2006, 08:02 AM
I did not know you had several other pets:confused: ,this little guy is adorable,LOVE them tabbies:cat:
I am pretty sure,he'll be ok until 3 months,if he is not bothered by worms or anything else,after all he's been in your care,together with your other animals,since he was 4 weeks old.
On the other hand,if you have longstanding good record with your vet,I am sure he'll help out,if you tell him about your situation:fingerscr