Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

another bowl-poll

meb999
September 8th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Ok, so there's already 2 threads on the dog or cat food bowl subject...but I don't feel like studying, so I'm slacking off by starting a new poll!!

HOW OFTEN DO YOU WASH YOUR PET'S FOOD AND WATER BOWL?

meb999
September 8th, 2006, 11:59 PM
I wash Buster's every day (once a day)...but Nic thinks I'm a little excessive :o

Prin
September 9th, 2006, 12:08 AM
I rinse the bowl with as high pressure water that tap water can get, but I only really wash it once in a while. The food bowls... Well... Sometimes I run them in the dishwasher, but it's rare. Boo keeps them both pretty clean.:o

rainbow
September 9th, 2006, 12:30 AM
I was also going to ask this question but have never done a poll before so was being hesitant. :D

I have two sets of bowls for both the dogs and the cats. I wash eash set after every feeding. I wouldn't want to eat off a dish that wasn't washed so why should they. ;)

mummummum
September 9th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Okay so maybe I'm a little on the OCD side... I wash their food bowls after each meal and their water bowls every time I change their water.

rainbow
September 9th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Wow, you're more obsessed than I am. I wash their food dishes after each meal and I wash their water buckets after each meal but only swish out the water bowls in between.

mummummum
September 9th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Yeaaaahhh...I prefer to think of them as funny little quirks rather than sayyyyyy...symptoms of a disorder:D

Skryker
September 9th, 2006, 08:26 AM
:D Guess I'm OCD, too! It's just easy to put the dog's food dishes in with the after dinner dishes and wash 'em then. The cat's dish gets washed less often, but she doesn't slobber all over the dish like the dogs do. Plus, she only gets kibble in her normal dish. If I give her wet stuff, it's on a plate and the plate gets washed right after (I can't stand the look or smell of wet pet food. Icky!)

normag
September 9th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I also put them in with supper dishes everynight.

Golden Girls
September 9th, 2006, 10:15 AM
I also washed their food bowls after every meal and their water bowl as well. Personally I don't like to put fresh clean water in a dirty slobbery bowl :dog:

Dog Dancer
September 12th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I'm with Prin. I rinse out the water bowls every time I fill them (at least daily if not twice or more). I wash the water bowls every couple days. Rainbow, I wouldn't want to eat off dirty plates either, but then I don't lick mine clean every meal;) I do try to wash the food bowls out every couple days, and always if they're messy looking (we mix in a wee bit of wet food). But I don't have a dishwasher so it's hand washing. When I do the dinner dishes I don't want to put the dog dishes into the dish rack to dry with our dinner dishes - even if they are clean. It actually wouldn't bother me so much as we get people drop in and I let the dishes drip dry. Not sure guests would be impressed to see the dog dishes stacked on their coffee cups...

technodoll
September 12th, 2006, 08:44 PM
the food bowls get washed after every meal (you gotta with raw food... plus i feed alot of messy cooked stuff too :D ), but the water bowls only get rinsed... they get washed maybe once a week when then start to feel "slimy", LOL! :dog: