Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Pet Pantry dog food

Smiley14
September 8th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Is anyone here familiar with The Pet Pantry? I've used their dog food before Petey got put on W/D by the vet. It looks like he'll be able to go back to regular dog food soon as he's trimmed back down again now, so just wondering if I should go back to the pet pantry brand or if I should try something else instead.
The Pet Pantry is convenient because they deliver right to my door, but obviously Petey's nutrition is more important!
The website is www.thepetpantry.com. I'm trying to access the site to copy and paste their ingredient list, but it seems to be down right now. If it comes back up, I'll post their ingredients. But supposedly, it's 100% natural and better than commerical dog foods, etc, etc. I have no idea if this claim is true or not though. Petey did love their food though! :)

rainbow
September 8th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I just tried checking the site too and I get "page cannot be displayed".

Smiley14
September 8th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Hmm, maybe they went out of business in the four months Petey's been on the W/D! LOL! I guess I'll just try it again later though. I don't know if this is just a US company or what. They operate through local distributors, so they might be.
He'll still be on the W/D for another few weeks, but last time I picked up a bag, the vet thought it would most likely be the last one he would need and would be able to go back to regular food again. :thumbs up So I've got a few weeks to decide at least. :)

jesse's mommy
September 8th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I think the website is just down. Maybe it'll be up and running tomorrow.

Smiley14
September 11th, 2006, 07:04 PM
The site is still down. It's just the strangest thing! I still have one of their bins from the last food delivery I got from them, so I tried calling them and it just rang and rang. Not looking too good for Pet Pantry apparently! I'm still using their bin for Petey's other food though, lol. :) So now I'm going to take a trip to Petsmart to see what brands they carry. I know for sure they don't carry Merricks, but hopefully they have Wellness or Solid Gold. Those seem like good options from what I've read here.

rainbow
September 11th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Wellness isn't removing the menadione sodium bisulfite complex from their food until the last quarter of this year. To be safe I wouldn't buy it before Jan./07.

Smiley14
September 11th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Oh good to know, thank you! I just did an online search and Petsmart does carry the Solid Gold brand. I've never tried it before, but I'll check and see if they have a "weight maintenance" formula. Otherwise, I found another little pet store that I've never been to before that does carry Merricks. My only experience with Merricks is with their cat food, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
The lazy part of me would rather be able to get his food at Petsmart though since I'm already there once a month for his grooming appts and it's a lot closer...so more convenient.
But anyway, thanks for the tip on the Wellness!