Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More updates...

dtbmnec
September 8th, 2006, 03:26 PM
More updates...:)

Dart...has roundworms...so we get to force more and more pills down his throat! Leo and Pawz possibly have them too. So we get to force meds down everyone's throats! Fun! :p

We're taking in a fourth cat for an hour or so. Becky's mother is moving to a place where she can get the help she needs but it doesn't allow pets. Not having known that she was going to be put in such an institution she got the cat (stupid I know...but we had tried convincing her not to take another kitten in). So he's staying with us for an hour or so until we can take him to the foster home. Yay! So if anyone wants a white cat...

Otherwise the boys are doing well...I asked the vet when I went in if putting the boys on a raw diet would be good/bad and while they didn't condone the RAW raw diet they wouldn't have a problem with a cooked "raw" diet. :) Still staunchly want me to go for the Science Diet or the vet food though...*sigh* Perhaps when I get my financial footing back I shall put them on a raw diet....

Megan

Prin
September 8th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Keep the new cat away from the roundwormy cats though... :eek:

dtbmnec
September 8th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Well good news.

The other cat that I thought we were taking in for a while doesn't need to come here. He's found a home in the fostering portion of the rescue for now. :) He'll be taken to the vet and all will be good. :D

Pawz is back to radioactive poop once again. *sigh* I'm not sure whether it has to do with the wet only diet or the roundworms or what. This weekend I'm going to get some dry stuff that is supposed to be allergy/sensitive stomach food.

What would you guys reccomend?

The vet figured that I should wait until the roundworm meds are done/over before getting him on the new dry food but I'm not sure. Opinions?

Megan

rainbow
September 8th, 2006, 09:29 PM
I agree with the vet....get them all wormed before making any food changes.

Prin
September 8th, 2006, 11:45 PM
I agree too. Too many changes and hits to their immune system won't be good.

dtbmnec
September 9th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Alrighty then I'll wait :)

Megan

rainbow
September 9th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Okay, so now are you going to worm them all at the same time?

dtbmnec
September 9th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Oh right...duh

Yeah already started...

Gave them a pill today like it should have been today...and another in two weeks and another in a month...

Megan

rainbow
September 9th, 2006, 12:33 AM
Fingers crossed that it all works out. :fingerscr

dtbmnec
September 10th, 2006, 11:41 PM
As to Snowball (the random fourth cat that entered and left my life)....well he's found a home! Yep he was taken to the vet and a lady had just had to put down her kitty (also all white) took ONE look at Snowball (aka. Lucky) and loved him. :)

So on Wednesday he gets moved to his new forever home! :) I'm soooo happy!

Dart's still super bloated and Leo and Pawz are still......well the same.....I am seeing more poop that looks like poop in the litter but that could either be Dart's or Leo's....is it just me or do cats not like to go in front of their owners?!

Dart discovered a new toy today though....toilet paper roll! Yep and so now we have random rolls (without TP on it of course) strewn about the house! *shakes head* at least I found a reason to keep them I suppose! lol

He's also decided that eating in the bathroom is NOT going to happen anymore...so we get to watch him like a hawk to make sure he doesnt' go eat with Pawz's food. *shakes head* Bah cats! lol Spoiled little buggers they are!

Leo on the other hand is still under the impression that walking under my feet as I'm trying to walk with him to his food spot is fun....thankfully there aren't any stairs....not so thankfully I have two other cats who join in the fun...lol

Megan

Prin
September 11th, 2006, 01:29 PM
I've heard that cats who walk between your feet are secretly trying to kill you.:evil:

:fingerscr that they keep progressing.:)

rainbow
September 11th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Glad to hear Snowball got a forever home. :highfive: Is Dart's forever home with you now? :p

dtbmnec
September 11th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Glad to hear Snowball got a forever home. :highfive: Is Dart's forever home with you now? :p

lol depends on whether he's being good that day or not :p

His owner has been getting a lot of call backs/interviews (in fact she's got yet another tomorrow afternoon) so she is looking. She's had about three in the last week. :) So far no job offers per se but they are quite desperate for people in Burlington from the sounds of it. :) I'll get her to call a few of those places back tomorrow (since they've said they'd call her but haven't either gotten around to it or just don't want her I suppose or something).

Now I just have to get me a job! :)

Megan

dtbmnec
September 12th, 2006, 11:55 AM
:frustrated: Well they must be doing ok....my two little demons have discovered the counter today....:frustrated: foul demons!

*sigh* I can only imagine having all three of the little buggers up on the counters...thankfully Dart should be gone long before he gets that big....and hopefully he'll learn by example to fear the water spray! I'm still waiting for the day they decide that the stove is fun to play on...:(

*sigh* demons....little demons....little cute demons....darn the cuteness!! ;)

Megan

rainbow
September 12th, 2006, 01:19 PM
I'm still waiting for the day they decide that the stove is fun to play on...

I'm presuming that your comment was made with "tongue in cheek". ;)

BTW, what does dtbmnec stand for? :confused: