Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Getting out cat pee

TracyG
September 7th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Hello all! So I decided to get my cat a nice new litter box. I put it in the same room as the other one but, for some reason, my cat didn't seem to know what it was. I don't know if it was because it was on the other side of the room or because it had a door...but I noticed this morning that it hadn't been used (after 2 days). I knew he had to have gone somewhere...and sure enough he did! On my brand new dining room table!!!:yell: There is a small stain left on the table (apparently...I haven't seen this yet). My bf cleaned it with Nature's Miracle and water. Anyone know of anything else that I could try? It needs to be something safe to use on wood. Help!!!

vfrohloff
September 8th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Why did you put the new box on the other side of the room? It is a bad idea to change both the box and the location of it at the same time, this is upsetting enough to make the cat go somewhere else. If your cat has never used a covered box before he probably doesn't even know what it's for, and my guys never liked one with a door so you may want to remove the door on it. He probably would have figured it out if you had put the new box in the same place as the old box but now he probably just thinks his litter box is gone. As for the table, Nature's Miracle is the only thing I use to get pee out. I've never had a cat go on the table though, but I'm guessing you may need to do a few treatments before the smell comes out. Good luck!

TracyG
September 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM
We are in the process of putting new furniture in the room where his litter box is. I thought as I was changing it, that I'd put it on the other side of the room. It's a bedroom...so it's not that far away! He's always used a covered box, so that was nothing new. The door is history already! NAture's Miracle seems to have done the trick. Iwill definitely do things more gradually when I have to change the box location in the future! Thanks!