Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fromms Adult changed their recipe

TMac
September 5th, 2006, 05:50 PM
They removed corn but the beet pulp and DL-Methionine are both still there.

I guess change is a gradual process!

SnowDancer
September 5th, 2006, 05:56 PM
When I checked the ingredients on the Fromm's website - although only for the Four Star - the website clearly read "No Beet Pulp". I checked the site after my inquiry to Fromm's re the Vitamin K issue - and their reply that Vitamin K had been removed from the food some time ago - the website had not been updated. Perhaps it is in some of their other products? My Eskie just eats the Salmon A La Veg or other Four Star if sold out - Eskie's do well on Fish based diets.

Prin
September 5th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Methionine is ok, menadione is bad. ;)

Beet pulp isn't the worst, but IMO, if you can avoid it, do.:shrug:

TMac
September 5th, 2006, 07:31 PM
When I checked the ingredients on the Fromm's website - although only for the Four Star - the website clearly read "No Beet Pulp". I checked the site after my inquiry to Fromm's re the Vitamin K issue - and their reply that Vitamin K had been removed from the food some time ago - the website had not been updated. Perhaps it is in some of their other products? My Eskie just eats the Salmon A La Veg or other Four Star if sold out - Eskie's do well on Fish based diets.

Yeah, the regular Adult food is different than the Four Star series. Its the one in the purple bag (now silver and purple).

TMac
September 5th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Methionine is ok, menadione is bad. ;)

Beet pulp isn't the worst, but IMO, if you can avoid it, do.:shrug:

That's a relief! What is the difference between the two (methionine and menadione)?

Prin
September 5th, 2006, 07:33 PM
menadione is a vitamin K supplement (K3) and methionine is a regular amino acid.:)

(amino acids help build proteins and repair dna and things like that.)

TMac
September 5th, 2006, 07:36 PM
I'm glad to hear that, Prin. I was reading the earlier threads about menadione and got the two mixed up.

rainbow
September 5th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Well, that's an easy thing to do but here's a hint: The one that starts with "meth" is bad. :evil:

Prin
September 5th, 2006, 11:00 PM
lol no, it's the other way. The one with meth is good. The one with men is bad.:D

technodoll
September 5th, 2006, 11:40 PM
OMG that is tooo funny! i'll actually remember that one... like stalagmites and stalagtites!! :o

rainbow
September 6th, 2006, 12:54 PM
lol no, it's the other way. The one with meth is good. The one with men is bad.:D

OMG...I can't believe I screwed that up. :o That's what I get for having a couple beer before posting last night. :D

Yes, the "men" is the bad one and the "meth" is the good. :crazy:

Prin
September 6th, 2006, 01:57 PM
OMG that is tooo funny! i'll actually remember that one... like stalagmites and stalagtites!! :o
That's such a known "rule" but I never learned it. he he :o :o What's the diff?

technodoll
September 6th, 2006, 02:17 PM
well if you're french: les stalagMites Montent... :)

and if you're English, well OK it's rude but it works.. StalagTites look like old (insert rude name for breasts, that rhymes with bits, LOL) :D

Prin
September 6th, 2006, 02:28 PM
ooo now I know. Thanks.:)