Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thank goodness it's raining out...

Puppyluv
September 3rd, 2006, 09:19 PM
Sigh.... My beloved temporary roommate left today, but before he did, he did me one last favour. We went out last night with some friends, and he (unbeknownst to me) left a bag on a chair with 16 muffins and 8 scones from work..... came home... Layla had eaten them all....averaging 700 cal/muffin and 300 cal/scone, she consumed 13 600 calories and needless to say, hasn't eaten a thing since... she's so bloated, I feel horrible for her.. and the runny bum.... :yuck: is there anything to do? or just let it pass (npi)?

technodoll
September 3rd, 2006, 09:26 PM
holy hell, i'd be worried about pancretic or liver damage from all the sugar & fat... any way to induce vomiting? at least to get most of it out safely... and then deal with cannon butt later... poor layla, :grouphug: to her!!

To induce vomiting, give orally, one teaspoon of Syrup of Ipecac, or two teaspoons of Hydrogen Peroxide. In a desperate pinch, a teaspoon of table salt will also have the correct effect.

One teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide for each ten pounds of body weight can quickly induce vomiting. If you're fresh out of hydrogen peroxide, try a combination of one tablespoon of dry mustard and one cup of cold water

Puppyluv
September 3rd, 2006, 09:31 PM
Well that's a coinkidink because she just puked a whole pile up... looks like most of it was still in her tummy. I'm hesitant to induce vomiting now, since it looks like most of it is up, but if I did, I would use H2O2, as ipecac is nasty nasty stuff:yuck: . I didn't do it erlier because I thought it would all have passed to the intestines, but it seems it didn't. She's looking really sheepish now, and has no crate to retreat to (she puked in there, so it's currently being cleaned). I feel really bad for her :(

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2006, 09:32 PM
Explosive diaria ?? :eek: Keep us update and good luck :fingerscr

Puppyluv
September 3rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
Not explosive yet, just pure liquid dripping out. :yuck:

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2006, 09:34 PM
:sorry: Oups,didn' t knew she puked, poor baby girl :(

technodoll
September 3rd, 2006, 09:48 PM
puppyluv, thank goodness she vomited on her own (good girl!), otherwise yeah the hydroPerox would have been the safe thing to do IMO... no use letting the gunk work its way through her body for nothing. guess those muffins and scones are pretty tasty eh? :rolleyes:

Prin
September 3rd, 2006, 09:57 PM
Hope you don't have to work tomorrow... :eek: So Layla is part lab after all? (little piggy :D )

Good luck. The best carpets in times like these are ones made of newspapers.:D

rainbow
September 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM
Awww, poor Layla. Hope everything works out okay. :fingerscr

Puppyluv
September 3rd, 2006, 10:09 PM
Oh, she's deffinately lab..... I'm just so happy most of my place is hard wood and marble. I rolled up my only rug, so it won't get puked on. Thankfully no work tomorrow, but school on tuesday. I have a feeling I'll be waking up to "whiiiiiiiine" every 2 hours tonight.

Skryker
September 3rd, 2006, 10:29 PM
Poor girl(s)! Hopefully most of it's gone from her system now. I think you're in for a long night. :grouphug:

rainbow
September 4th, 2006, 01:21 PM
How's Layla this morning? :fingerscr

mummummum
September 4th, 2006, 01:29 PM
And will the "beloved temporary roomate" be able to walk upright in a few weeks/months or will he be forever known as the Soprano-Singing Hunchback of Montreal ?:evil:

Puppyluv
September 4th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Well the bloating's down a bit, she still doesn't have much of an appetite, but is drinking like she's spent a month in a desert. We only had to get up 3 times last night, at 2, 4:30 and 7.
The guy is still upright but he won't be the next time I see him.... you see, he chose not to tell me how many muffins etc she ate until after he left. He originally told me it was 2 muffins and a scone, and then called me later with the real numbers.... he said he was worrie I would kill him.:evil:

Geoff and Kathy
September 4th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Poor pup!

That stupid bugger! :mad:

Makes you wish you could forcefeed HIm all of those muffins and scones!:evil:

mummummum
September 4th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Well the bloating's down a bit, she still doesn't have much of an appetite, but is drinking like she's spent a month in a desert. We only had to get up 3 times last night, at 2, 4:30 and 7.
The guy is still upright but he won't be the next time I see him.... you see, he chose not to tell me how many muffins etc she ate until after he left. He originally told me it was 2 muffins and a scone, and then called me later with the real numbers.... he said he was worrie I would kill him.:evil:

For someone who could have killed Layla, I would think you killing him would be the least of worries. If it were me he pulled that stunt with, he would be afraid I might let him live after I was finished with him.

I'm glad to hear Layla is feeling somewhat better, poor little darling.

Prin
September 4th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't feed her till tomorrow at least... Wait for her to empty out before you slow the digestion down again. :shrug:

Does this guy know you've already taken a thief down? He should watch out.:evil:

technodoll
September 4th, 2006, 11:09 PM
how's miss layla tonight? :fingerscr

Angies Man
September 6th, 2006, 01:51 AM
I know it's an ordeal, just be glad he didn't leave you a box or bag of chocolates! Your dog will be a bit under the weather for a couple of days, but I think she'll be okay. Bland diet for a few days? And some nice non fat plain yogurt.

:dog:

gomez
September 6th, 2006, 04:21 AM
ooooh, don't know about the yogurt, not all doggies digest it well, it has always given Gomez the runs... maybe not the best idea right now, eh?

Yesterday we got a very big delivery of muffins for a b'fast this morning, I thought of Layla....:(

Puppyluv
September 6th, 2006, 06:08 AM
She's back to her normal self. I'm not feeding her her full diet yet, but she does have an appetite again, and she's running normally (we took a few days off running, because that would just be painfull for her.... imagine going for a run after a huge dinner:sick: ) Her poops are almost happy again, which was much quicker than I expected.:thumbs up

gomez
September 6th, 2006, 06:32 AM
wooo-hooo!

technodoll
September 6th, 2006, 09:45 AM
is layla getting her fishies for dinner tonight? :dog:

Puppyluv
September 6th, 2006, 10:41 AM
no, not tonight, she had some last night, tonight she's getting a cow's bum.

technodoll
September 6th, 2006, 10:50 AM
mmm cow butt! LOL

mine still won't eat raw fishies, grumble grumble. funny cuz both used to LOVE them. :confused:

Puppyluv
September 6th, 2006, 10:53 AM
At least that means they won't eat the fish from your aunt and uncle's koi pond:eek:

technodoll
September 6th, 2006, 11:31 AM
At least that means they won't eat the fish from your aunt and uncle's koi pond

no-one in my family has a pond with fish, that i know of! LOL maybe that's someone else on the forum? :rolleyes:

Puppyluv
September 6th, 2006, 12:07 PM
LOL, no, that was just a reference to the fact that layla ate the koi from my aunt's and uncle's fish pond......:eek: (A story I try to keep to myself)

technodoll
September 6th, 2006, 12:10 PM
oooooooooooooooooo! i get it now! :D

(silly layla, those fishies are for looking at, not eating!)

what if she likes caviar, eh? :eek: