Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help Needed for Stray Cat-MTL

poodletalk
September 1st, 2006, 08:22 PM
Hi, everyone.

I am pleading for help once again! A lady who lives in theVilleray district has found a petite black female cat, very healthy and extremely friendly. Literally follows this lady around all day. Problem is twofold, this lady is very asthmatic and will be leaving Montreal mid-next week.

She has to have the little cat out by Monday, Sept. 4. The lady has named the cat "Littie".

Can someone take her in no later than Monday morning until we can find a more permanent situation for her. She may be in early pregnancy otherwise her fur is very shiny and clean. of course, she will be checked out by a vet as soon as possible.

chico2
September 2nd, 2006, 03:59 PM
Bumping this one up,I hope someone has a little space for this poor girl:fingerscr

Maxine
September 3rd, 2006, 12:58 AM
i have a quite small appartment with 2 other black lilttle kitties and a big dog... but very friendly with cats.... I think I can help, please let me know, I will try to send you a PM alright?

Maxine

chico2
September 3rd, 2006, 07:04 AM
Maxine,sounds good,hopefully you can get through to PT.
I too have a black kitty(+2 others),a wonderful lovebug.

dtbmnec
September 3rd, 2006, 09:36 AM
I'm much too far away to help this time...sorry :(

lol maybe I should move up to Montreal with the rest of you guys :D

Hope she finds a good home real soon :)

Megan

poodletalk
September 3rd, 2006, 12:34 PM
Thank-you for your offer Maxine :thumbs up

I have sent you a PM

poodletalk
September 5th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Maxine, I just heard the news that you are going to foster the cat as of tonight! Thank-you for all your help, everyone says you are a real :angel:

Maxine
September 5th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Miss Miew is coming in less than 30 minutes :cat:
I can't wait to see her, even tho the girl told me she was VERY unhappy. I know it's a temporary state of mind and with care and love she will get happier day by day, or week after week, we will see. I will do everything I can to make her feel special :cloud9: Little princess!

My only fear is that my pets will not accept her, but obviously she won't see them for a long time (separated rooms) and I will do the blanket exchange when it's the time. But no rush. I will continue to post about her, but should I change the forum where I will be posting?

Thank you everyone!
I dont have a camera btw, so no picture for now, but I'll ask a friend :highfive:

Maxine

poodletalk
September 6th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Maxine,

How's it working out with the new cat? If you need any help, just let me know!

Maxine
September 6th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Miss Miew looks very happy, actually! The lady that brought her to my house didn't believe how calm she was:thumbs up She eats good, not a lot but she eats dry food and I gave her some can food last night and she ate it all :p

She stays in my bedroom and sometimes she cries, and when I come in she stop crying and just wants to be pet :rolleyes: Very affectionate kitty! I gave her a red collar and she seems just fine with it, purring the whole time I was trying to make it fit lol! I hope she will be free to go in the whole appartment soon, but I give her time first. I'm very glad to see she likes it here!:cat:

Thanks poodletalk!

Maxine

poodletalk
September 6th, 2006, 04:14 PM
I am so happy things are working out with Miss Miew! :cat:

She may be in early pregnancy

What's happening with this situation? I hope she's NOT

chico2
September 6th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Oh,I missed this whole thing:sad: Thank you,thank you Maxine,for taking this little girl in:thumbs up
Lets hope she is not preggers:fingerscr

rainbow
September 6th, 2006, 05:07 PM
I missed it too. Kudos to Maxine. :highfive:

Maxine
September 6th, 2006, 05:25 PM
They only assume the worst scenario possible, because they don't know if she's spayed or not. I have no idea if she is pregnant, but I keep my :fingerscr she isn't and that she is spayed!

Maxine

ps: gotta say she is gorgeous..... so pretty! I hope my neighboors won't start thinkin' I'm a witch, with my 3 totally black kitty hahahah! Oh well, if it can make them nicer (the neighboors), even if it's from fear... Judt kidding lol :P

chico2
September 6th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I do not understand people who do not like black cats,even people who profess to be cat-lovers.
I've always had a black cat,I find them to be sleek,shiny and beautiful,my Chico is also the purriest,sweetest luvbug.
Here he is:love:

poodletalk
September 6th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Maxine,

Let me know when they start taking her to adoption days, I will try to pass by the adoption day and take couple of pictures of her.

I am very anxious to see this cutie :cat:

MoodIndigo1
September 8th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Great thread!

Chico, your Chico is magnificent!

I love my black cat, he's the sweetest cat alive.

chico2
September 8th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Yes,my Chico is the same,always wants attention,cuddles and kisses.
I could kiss his whole little face and he's in heaven:D
He's also a bit jealous of my other 2 cats,it does not matter what name I call,Chico comes running:cat:

Maxine
September 18th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Miew went to the vet today, and she isnt pregnant, she is clear of disease, nice ears, nice teeth:D

i'm glad she's back and i'm seriously thinkin about keepin her, but my place is so small.... we'll see!

We took some pics today, I will recieve them by email and post them here asap

Hourra for Miew, she is such a good kitty:cloud9:

Maxine

rainbow
September 18th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Glad to hear that Miss Miew isn't pregnant. :highfive: And, I hope she has found her forever home. ;)

chico2
September 19th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Maxine,I am sooo looking forward to pics:thumbs up

Frenchy
September 19th, 2006, 11:19 AM
:sorry: Didn't even know you were fostering ( /adopting?) this cat! Was too busy with my newbie :cat: Don't know why people don't like black cats ??? Can't wait to see pics and to know if you will adopt?...........:D no pressure here!

Maxine
September 24th, 2006, 08:57 PM
hey! I got miew's pics! :D i will post them in the picture forum

Maxine

canning4aliving
September 25th, 2006, 12:11 AM
That could easily be a picture of my cat Allie.! Very pretty color of black. I LOVE my black cat...she doesn't care much for me right now, but she will adjust....maybe by next Christmas!!! (I have a new addition to the household named Rolo. New kitten just moved in!) Took her a yr to get over the dog!

poodletalk
November 4th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I saw miss Miew today at the YMCA cat adoption day downtown. She's so sweet!

When I left, there was a family looking at her, I have my fingers crossed for her:fingerscr

Maxine, everyone in the Steri-Animal group gave rave reviews about you, how you are a wonderful foster mom! :thumbs up

chico2
November 4th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Poodletalk,lets hope there is some good news:fingerscr although I think she would be happy at Maxines.
Did she go to a shelter after the adoption-thingy or Maxines?

poodletalk
November 4th, 2006, 04:02 PM
She will go back to Maxine's, if she doesn't get adopted.

Maxine
November 6th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Miss Miew is still living with me for now, she is so adorable, always in a good mood :angel:

Thank you poodletalk, You make me blush lol!!

Maxine

rainbow
November 26th, 2006, 01:34 AM
Any luck finding Miss Miew a forever home? :fingerscr

Maxine
November 28th, 2006, 06:29 PM
So far she didnt find her furever home, but I know she will find one, she is a sweetheart!! :p
She went for adoption dayz, some people were interested in her, never heard anything else about it since. Jo-Ann from the rescue told me that Miew has some acne so i have to put cream 2-3 times a day! I didnt think cats were stuck with that too! :(

I hope she is not bothered by it... Poor Miew!

Maxine

chico2
November 29th, 2006, 06:38 AM
Maxine,I was a little surprised too when my Vinnie was found to have Feline Acne,it quickly went away with treatment.
I don't think it bothers them:cat:

poodletalk
February 10th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Maxine,

I saw Miss Miew today at the YMCA cat adoption day, she's sooo cute! :cat:

Maxine
February 13th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Sorry PT, I just saw that you posted :sorry:

Miss Miew is adorable, super sweet!:cloud9: :lovestruck: I really hope she will find her furever home!! I never got any feedbacks from this last adoption day?

Maxine

Maxine
April 1st, 2007, 05:05 PM
I just wanted to tell you guys that Miew left my place an hour ago to her furever home!

I'm very happy for her, and I know she will happy too, once she get used to her new family and their dog. She will be the only cat, and they have two kids (12 yo and 5-6 i don't remember).

Let's wish her the best and love and joy and long long life and... man, i gotta admit i'm not jumping around like i should be, I miss her already. She is a wonderful kitty, not much energy and maybe a couple pounds more than she should, but she is sweet, soft, kind and all ....:cat: :lovestruck:

Maxine

chico2
April 2nd, 2007, 06:47 AM
Maxine,great news for her and you:thumbs up
It's kind of bitter-sweet,but that's fostering isn't it,I am sure you'll miss her:sad:
Hopefully she'll be fine with their dog and live a long happy life:pray:

JAB
April 9th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Hello to everyone is has been interested in Miss Mew.

First and most important is a huge thank you to Maxine :angel: for fostering Miss Mew and doing a fantastic job . One of the major reasons Miss Mew got adopted was because she had been exposed to a dog:dog: (Lex) and the new family had a golden retriever. The family that adopted Miss Mew has remaned her Lily and everyone :grouphug: (3 kids and the 2 parents) including Maggie the dog, loves her. They are stunned at how well and how quickly she had adapted. I think it took her a whole 5 minutes with the family and only a few hours with the dog. It took longer than expected to get Miss Mew adopted but I think it was destined for this family to adopt her, she is not going anywhere.

Jo-Ann

P.S.

Look for the pictures of Miss Mew and Maggie on the photo page.