Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nutro Natural Choice Pouches

technodoll
September 1st, 2006, 08:56 PM
i saw these in my neighborhood petstore today (they had 5 varieties for dogs) and picked two up for fun n'giggles, since the ingredients are not toooo bad for a mid-range product (i have seen much worse, LOL), and the price was ok ($1.29/ pouch). Figured to excite dakotah's taste buds & mix that in with his kibble tonight to get him to eat more (he's eating every single day now, but not enough yet in terms of calories).

so tonight he had this flavor: http://www.nutroproducts.com/ncdogpls.asp (Savory Lamb Stew Slices in Gravy ) and it smelled surprisingly good for a dog food. mixed one pouch with 3 cups of dry food, and he ate 2... then went to maika's bowl and stole a raw turkey thigh with bone, and most of the beef shank meat. what a gourmet! :rolleyes:

ps: this is a dog who shuns merrick & all other holistic canned food half the time :cool:

Ingredients
Lamb Broth, Lamb, Beef Liver, Chicken, Wheat Gluten, Brown Rice Flour, Potatoes, Sunflower Oil, Carrots, Peas, Natural Flavor, Salt, Guar Gum, Sodium Phosphate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Sodium Carbonate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Sodium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C), Dried Chickory Root, Beta-Carotene, Taurine, Choline Chloride, L-Carnitine, Copper Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Managanous Sulfate, Sodium Selenite.

I consider this the equivalent of a McDonald's happy meal in an otherwise healthy diet, LOL! :crazy:

rainbow
September 1st, 2006, 10:46 PM
Well, everybody needs a Big Mac now and again. :D

Go, Dakotah, Go :crazy:

Angies Man
September 1st, 2006, 11:02 PM
They'd be nice to have on road trips or packed in the trunk of the car for emergencies. The lady at the boutique pet food store gives away samples, tho, and free for little bags of canide(?), solid gold, etc. is even a better price. Guess I'm going to have to buy something one of these days. . .:D