Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fromms Four Star Kibble

SnowDancer
September 1st, 2006, 12:27 PM
This appears to be first post I have initiated. Guess it should go under food. But since I have seen the subject raised a number of times decided to post in General for the moment. My Eskimo has been on Fromm's Four Star Salmon A La Veg for nearly 2 years and does extremely well on it. After reading the comments regarding the Vitamin K additive I decided to e-mail the company and have just received a reply advising the the Vitamin K was removed from all Fromms' products some time ago. I replied pointing out that they had obviously inadvertently forgotten to update the website as the ingredient is still listed and no doubt they are using up leftover food bags. I did notice as well that there is no beet pulp in the food. Was very happy that Fromms replied!

technodoll
September 1st, 2006, 12:32 PM
both my dogs looove the duck & sweet potato formula, even my raw-fed girl will eat the stuff dry if i leave her some in the crate during the day. i like to mix it with EVO to balance out the grains. works for us!j :thumbs up

RaYne
September 1st, 2006, 01:22 PM
Wow you got a reply! I emailed them quite a few times about the Vit.K and never got a reply back.

Good to know they removed it.. I may try the Chicken one for Lola.

Prin
September 1st, 2006, 02:25 PM
Good to know! :)

(btw, I still haven't received a reply- probably 2 months later- about where Timberwolf Organics is milled. tsk, tsk, secrets, secrets :rolleyes: )

rainbow
September 1st, 2006, 05:12 PM
I still haven't received a reply from Wellness asking when they are going to remove the menadione. Maybe they're waiting until they actually remove it before they answer my email. :frustrated:

BTW, Timberwolf is manufactured at one of the Diamond plants. I received confirmation of that a few months ago. ;)

SnowDancer
September 1st, 2006, 10:50 PM
I think they probably remembered me from my e-mail looking for "recipes" to help use up the giant bag of Whitefish and Potato that the little devil opened and then it became ours. Since it is "human grade" - heck, so what if I made my husband a suspicious looking casserole! Actually I thought they might have recipes for some sort of dog bars or something - but zip. So the bottom of my freezer was filled with 2 cup servings of Whitefish kibble in freezer bags. Took me forever to fill them - but of course no more than 2 cups due to bacteria that would develop as product defrosted. He also loves the Duck and Sweet Potato and came VERY close to opening one of those bags as well. The big bags are in easy reach of his ground hugging nose - couldn't he just do one of his amazing Eskimo leaps and open a small bag?