Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello Im new

treandkelly
September 1st, 2006, 12:11 PM
Hello, Im new to this site. I have just moved from California to Ohio and traveled over 2300 miles in a Uhaul with my two resue Cats Tilly and Frankie. I was so worried that they would freak out, but they were great! They liked Motel 6 the best! They were not always to get in thier carrier bags to be carried to the car but once we started driving I let them out they settled down between my legs and just slept. Yes you can move across country with Cats!! They have settled in quite nicely in our new house. We found a starved declawed cat sitting in front of the video store and we took him home. He has gained a good 5 lbs or more since he has been with us for over a month. He stays mostly in the basement as he does not like other cats. He may need to be the only cat and I may try to find him a home where he can be the only cat as he does not like my male Frankie and Frankie does not like him at all.

Prin
September 1st, 2006, 03:43 PM
Welcome to the board! It's so great that you didn't leave your kitties behind (like so many people do..:(). Any pics of your furries?:)

chico2
September 1st, 2006, 04:58 PM
Welcome:thumbs up Thank's for picking up the skinny kitty!
It takes time and patience to introduce a new kitty to your other cats,but eventually they should accept each other.
Let them sniff each other through the door,replace their beds or blankets so they get used to each others scents.
I hope the new kitty is neutered,if not,it will make it soo much more difficult.
Good Luck:fingerscr

rainbow
September 1st, 2006, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the board. I also have travelled a couple of times with cats and kittens and had to stay overnight in a motel. Like you, it was no problem at all and they just pretty much slept the whole time we were on the road. We'd love to see pics of your babies. :cat:

treandkelly
September 2nd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Here is Jack the one we found, he has gained his wieght back, but just last night his urinated in our bed! Not good:yuck:

treandkelly
September 2nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
Here is Tilly my Girl

treandkelly
September 2nd, 2006, 01:08 PM
And Finally Frankie, my devil boy

badger
September 2nd, 2006, 01:34 PM
Urinating in the bed: could be fear, marking territory, or an infection. One of those. Please don't hold it against him.
If he's declawed, he's probably neutered as well, right?
They're all adorable.

chico2
September 2nd, 2006, 04:35 PM
I agree with Badger,please do not put him back outside because of this.
There is always a reason why cats do what they do,one of mine pooped and peed on our bed,but only once,because we had company staying here,strange to him.
I am thinking you have not had him to the vet yet,he could have some bladder-problems,easily fixed with meds,or he's just intimidated by your own cats...he's very pretty,as are your other cats:cat:

rainbow
September 2nd, 2006, 04:40 PM
Tilly is a very pretty tabby. Does she have orange markings mixed in as well?Jack and Frankie are both very handsome. Are they getting along any better? Maybe it's stress that caused Jack to have an accident.

Prin
September 3rd, 2006, 02:06 AM
Cute kitties! :)

treandkelly
September 4th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the replys,
No we don't hold his accident against him, he just can't sleep with us anymore, I do think he is stressed by Frankie. Jack knows how to use his box and he is fine when he is in the basement, he just has to stay in the basement at night which he does not mind. He really likes his shelf above the basement stairs. I thought they all were getting along better, but Jack keeps hissing at both Tilly and Frankie, I think he is scared he knows he has no claws. Here is another pic of Tilly to show her orange colors and her favorite thing to do.. eat:)

treandkelly
September 4th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Here they are laying near each other and look like they actually don't mind each other.:thumbs up

chico2
September 4th, 2006, 12:49 PM
They are beautiful:cat:
As long as there is only hissing,don't worry about it.
My Chico still hisses at my newest kitty(Vinnie)and it's been 4 yrs since we got him.He'll never like Vinnie,but no cat-fights.
But if Vinnie is sleeping,Chico will lay beside him.:D
Here they are,all in a row:cat:

treandkelly
September 4th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Is Chico the one on top with stripes? He reminds me of Frankie he has that same look in his eyes... mischief:evil:
Its good to hear two boys can get along somewhat...

chico2
September 4th, 2006, 04:51 PM
No my tabbie is 11yr old Rocky,Chico is my black kitty 8yrs old and my white:angel: is Vinnie 4yrs old.
So,I have 3 neutered males and 99.9% of the time they get along fine,as will yours with time and patience:fingerscr

rainbow
September 4th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I just love Tilly's colouring. :love: :cat:

treandkelly
September 5th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Im so glad to hear you have all boys that get along. Vinnie is cute, does he have two different colored eyes? Jack has green eyes and a big brown spot on one of his eyes, we thought he was a girl at first and started calling him Iris, but now that he has gained his weight back we can tell he is all boy and Jack seemed more suited for him. Jack appears to be neuterd and Frankie and Tilly are both spayed and neutered as well.

Thanks for the comment on Tillys coloring...Yes Tilly is my beautiful orange and black and cream girl, I just love her soooo much!!:cat:

chico2
September 5th, 2006, 02:34 PM
I am glad you changed Iris to Jack,he must have been churning inside being called Iris:D
Yes,my sweet Vinnie has odd eyes! Here's a better pic..As everyone knows,I LOVE to show him off:crazy:

treandkelly
September 5th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Tell Vinnie he is so unique and handsome! And lucky to have someone love him so much!:cloud9:

chico2
September 6th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Thank's,he knows all the tricks how to get us to do what he wants:cat:
We love them all,all very different as I am sure you know of your own cats.
Rocky,who was a barnkitten.Chico,alone in a cage at a pet-store(I NEVER go to a store selling kittens/pups anymore).
Vinnie,who was found wet and dirty at a factory and stole our hearts.:love:

treandkelly
September 6th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Bless your heart for rescuing those babies! There are so many abandoned animals it just makes me soo sad and mad:frustrated:
My Tilly was found under a house with her two babies, she was lucky and was found by a shelter called Happy Tails, they adopted out her two babies and we adopted her from the cattery, where she was not put in a cage but placed in an open room with other cats. We fell in love with her and told them we had to have her, the people there said "oh that one?" with dread in their voice, "well she does not like to be put in a carrier, we had to trap her in a cage and she is very afraid of being in one" Well they were right she freaked out when they put her in the carrier but she was fine when we let her out, but she had Giradia and ear mites and we spend several hundred dollars to cure her. but now she is the best cat, she is such a sweetie and sits on my lap when she wants too, not when I want her to. Frankie was the baby of a ferral population, a nice man took in his mom and let her have her babies in his house, then he spayed the mom and we adopted Frankie one of her babies, so we were lucky to have him as a kitten, he is soooo spoiled he has no idea he was close to being on the street. And of course Jack we just found at the Video store, he is such a good boy, but man does he love to eat!! Hes getting so big im afraid we may have to put him on a diet! Anyway thanks for sharing, I love those rescue stories, it give me faith in mankind!:cat: :pray:

chico2
September 6th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Don't give me too much credit,I just took them in and love them to bits:cat:
There are some real rescuers on this Forum and if you stick around long enough,you'll get to know them,true:angel: 's
Jack was a very lucky kitty,the day you stumbled upon him:thumbs up