Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Official Random Update Thread..

Prin
August 31st, 2006, 06:56 PM
Maybe people are shy or just think nobody cares or something, so I thought I would start this thread...

I'll start with some random questions, just to get things going... I don't want to put anybody on the spot, so if you don't want to answer, feel free to not answer.

BoxerRescueMTL, how's Millie the beagle doing? How's her health? Does she have more energy these days? How is she with your other wigglers?

Rayne, how's Bubba doing? Did you finally find a food you agree with that agrees with Bubba?

Rottielover- how goes the kitty/screen issue?

Copper's mom, how are you holding up? Did you find a new place to live?

BabyRocky, how was the surgery?

Joey's mommy, how are Joey's ears doing? Better since they were deep cleaned?

Mahealani770, how are Nicky's allergies?

Mafiaprincess, how's Cider doing with her new agility equipment?

Uhh... that's all I've got now, but anybody else with random updates, feel free to add them here! :)

rainbow
August 31st, 2006, 07:08 PM
Come to think of it, I've been wondering about some of these as well. :)

Copper'sMom
August 31st, 2006, 08:05 PM
Copper's mom, how are you holding up? Did you find a new place to live?

Hi everyone!!
Life's been hectic! I'm still at my mom's for now. I have an apartment that I'm moving into on November 1st!! YAY!!!! I have a new, good paying, full time job with benefits that has been keeping me busy!! I'm working night shift, so my sleep isn't good right now and it's really difficult to keep up with Zoe with me being so tired! Living at home with her is so hard on us both(as she is always crated or behind a gate, but we are hanging in there! Copper is a lucky boob because he gets to roam free about the house - but he's not hyper like Zoe!
My biggest dillema is the apartment I'm moving to. The lease says no pets. I want to be honest and tell them I have a dog(copper will be at mom's most of the time because of SA), but most people tell me not to say a word as they won't allow me to move in. Honesty, unfortunately doesn't always pay.:sad: This is just killing me, but we need a place ti live. I'll have deal with this when they find out i have a dog. But ya, that's how i'm doing!

Thanks for asking and thinking about us all Prin!:grouphug: I'm hoping to talk to babyrocky Saturday night to find out about Rocky. I'm sure she'll never check this thread out! I'll let her know you were asking though!!!!

Prin
August 31st, 2006, 08:10 PM
I'm glad things are slowly sorting out... Usually what they say to do is don't mention the pets until you see the lease and it says "no pets"... They can get rid of you or make you get rid of your doggies because it's a breach in contract.:sad: If it had not mentioned pets at all, that would have been different... I'd keep looking, just to be sure. My bro just found an apartment with a pitty, so it's possible.. :shrug: :grouphug:

Thanks so much for the update. I hope things keep looking up.:fingerscr

rainbow
August 31st, 2006, 09:32 PM
I agree. You need to keep looking for another place. It would be the pits to move in only to get your notice the next month as you would have signed a lease saying no pets. Good luck. :fingerscr

SunGurl372
September 1st, 2006, 07:14 AM
I'd be very worried about moving your dogs into a place that specifically states 'no pets' on the lease. Chances are that they will tell you to leave, or tell you to get rid of the dogs, which of course you won't, so you're back to having to leave.

They may have contractual right to keep your deposit, and hold you responsible for the monthly rent until they find someone else to occupy the apartment. I've asked about breaking a lease at my place, and I would have to pay up until they leased it to someone else.

Prin
September 1st, 2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I've heard that if you tell the landlord you have a young family waiting to sublet if he doesn't let you break the lease, they're usually more accommodating. Sad for families though.:sad:

Angies Man
September 1st, 2006, 05:37 PM
I'd be interested in an update on the Leonburger dog that was discussed earlier this week. And some pics. :dog:

rainbow
September 1st, 2006, 05:52 PM
And Puppyluv still needs to find out what TV show her mom's dog is going to be in. The new shows are starting this month. ;)

BoxerRescueMTL
September 1st, 2006, 06:43 PM
Prin - that's so funny I just sent you a PM about Millie. Well, there is good and bad news. Good first - she has lost 3 pounds and she can run and get frisky now :D She is coming out of her shell and learning to love. She will actually come to me now for a little ear scratching. It is hard to see emotions in a little dog who is deaf and almost blind, but we are getting to know her better everyday. Her daily heart pills are helping with her heart murmur. She had a dental about 3 weeks ago and 8 teeth came out! Her teeth were so rotten that they just fell out because it was only tartar that was holding them on! Her awful breath was immediately cured after the dental and she seems way more comfortable.
Bad news is that her urinary tract infection is back and has spread to her kidneys. She will have to be on antibiotics for 6 weeks :( We have sent out her urine to have a culture done to make sure the antibiotics are the best for the bacteria we are dealing with. Her kidney enzymes are high and we need to find her a low protein, low sodium food - oh and it has to be soft because she only has 7 teeth left. I do not want to feed her vet crap food.
My two boys are great with her becasue she ignores them. They are best with dogs whoignore them, lol.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 1st, 2006, 10:37 PM
Prin asks? Joey's mommy, how are Joey's ears doing? Better since they were deep cleaned?

Well he did still scratch quite a bit for the first few days - but seems to have subsided quite a bit, although there is still some scratching going on - he was given Otomax ear drops for a week - and I am still dilegently cleaning his ears every other day. I still seem to get some yeast out when I clean his ears - so I think I may need to keep an eye on it. Also planning to ask the vet about the Hypo thyroid thing I believe OG mentioned in my other thread - and still need to go to health food store to find out about UDOS oils for his ears. I actually emailed UDOS and they did reccomend something for him. The vet did tell me to expect this to be a recurring problem with Joey. :D

rainbow
September 1st, 2006, 10:50 PM
JECM, if it is hypothyroidism, it won't be recurring. Like I said before, one of my last huskies had ear infetions that kept coming back. Once she was diagnosed as having hypothroidism they never came back. ;)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
September 1st, 2006, 11:21 PM
Well I did read the symptoms and some of them like not wanting to excercise can be like Joey - but then I think is this just stubborn Joey behavior, or could it be a possible symptom .
Sometimes hes like lets go - and other days he refuses too go and will stop dead in his tracks - turn around grab his stuffy and plays with them instead of wanting to go for a walk.

He actually did it too me this morning, I was all ready for our morning walk - he appears with his stuffy - I get the stuffy away and head out the door- but no way is he going, so knowing I wont be able to pull Joey on our usual 30 minute before work walk - I have been doing with him. I let him back inside - only to find that just when I am about to leave for work he is at the door ready for his walk. I guess this could be a training issue too. :)

Puppyluv
September 2nd, 2006, 10:07 AM
And Puppyluv still needs to find out what TV show her mom's dog is going to be in. The new shows are starting this month. ;)

I keep meaning to, but then my mom distracts me with "Three of the cities in Turkey we're going to next month have been severely bombed in the past 6 days.":eek: Thanks mom

rainbow
September 2nd, 2006, 03:14 PM
Your mom sure travels alot. :D <--- green = envy :p

Prin
September 3rd, 2006, 01:04 AM
Yey updates!

BoxerRescue, I'm glad Millie is settling in as good as can be expected. I'm still trying to find ok foods for her to try out...:o

Joey's mom, at least Joey gets a couple of weeks of relief...:shrug: :o Maybe Joey's not wanting to exercise is because he's got it too good at home? He looked pretty active in the "wanna go out" video though.:shrug: