Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm speachless- AKA idiot neighbor

dakar
August 31st, 2006, 12:08 PM
I ran into my neighbor outside and she was excited to tell me that they are getting a puppy. Knowing this lady, I told her how brave she is and stressed the amount of work involved with having a puppy. She assured me that she had thought about that and this was the reason she had waited until her kids were all in school so she would have the time for the pup. Somewhat mollified I asked what kind of pup she was getting. She said she wanted a small mix breed. Being a fan of mixes myself I asked if she was keeping an eye on the local shelter website for puppies. I know smal mixes are hard to come by in our area. She then blew my socks off! She said she had gone into the local pet shop :yuck: and asked them to 'make' her a chi/poodlex. :eek: I was totally astounded. They, of course, said yes! I sputtered for a minute and then explained why this was a really lame/stupid idea (I was kind about it - just trying to educate) Guess what - some people don't want to be educated!:confused: I'm still reelling. What is going to happen to the rest of that litter? Oh, and you'll never guess why she chose a chi/poodlex ... she said they were the two ugliest dogs she could think of and the pups should be interesting! Talk about who should never be allowed to own a dog!!!!!!!!!

SarahLynn123
August 31st, 2006, 12:43 PM
It's not to often things suprise me, but my jaw literally dropped when I read this. Its unbelievable how you can put an order in at a pet store these days. So so sad, I dont know if I could tolerate those neighbours, and I thought mine were bad!

rainbow
August 31st, 2006, 01:13 PM
That is just totally sick and disgusting. Both the neighbour and the pet store owner are a disgrace to the human race. :mad:

BernerLver
August 31st, 2006, 01:33 PM
she said they were the two ugliest dogs she could think of and the pups should be interesting!

WTF, this isn't science class, you shouldn't be experimenting on live beings to "see" what the outcome is like!

Why are people this stupid allowed to have children and pets? :mad:

HunterXHunter
August 31st, 2006, 01:47 PM
Oh, and you'll never guess why she chose a chi/poodlex ... she said they were the two ugliest dogs she could think of and the pups should be interesting!

Wait...so was that the reason she had kids also? :rolleyes: :p :evil:

we3beagles
August 31st, 2006, 01:49 PM
Please invite her to joi our fourm. I think she needs to see what kind of moron we think people like that are. I tried to answer the phone at work and read the last of the post and couldn't get out even "afternoon". Absolutely revolting.

joeysmama
August 31st, 2006, 02:46 PM
I was pretty much anticipating the "punch line" thinking that this idiot is going to go to a pet store to buy a mutt.

But when I read that she actually special ordered one my mouth dropped open. No kidding. I can't believe that the pet store said "Sure-we'll make you one." Like they're McDonald's or Starbucks or something.

Sheesh !:frustrated:

~michelle~
August 31st, 2006, 02:54 PM
ewwww..... thats just absolutely revolting. knowing people like that I give this poor animal 6 months until she's got bored of him and he ends up in the pound:( I definately dont wish this on the animal but she doesnt seem to realize that dogs are not a novelty item bought and sold for amusement they're a long term commitment and become a part of your family!

dakar
August 31st, 2006, 02:55 PM
"Wait...so was that the reason she had kids also? "
(sorry don't know how to quote)
ROFL :D Well, Her kids are not the cutest I've seen (oops - did I say that out loud)

rainbow
August 31st, 2006, 02:57 PM
Please invite her to join our forum. I think she needs to see what kind of moron we think people like that are.

Or, you could print this thread and give a copy to her and a copy to the pet store owner.

HunterXHunter
September 1st, 2006, 09:34 AM
Or, you could print this thread and give a copy to her and a copy to the pet store owner.

Quite frankly, I doubt either of them would care...especially the pet store owner. $$$ > ethics

dakar
September 1st, 2006, 10:02 AM
I agree. Not only wouldn't they care but it would also cause a rift between this neighbor and me. Now before anyone gets on my case about that ... I still have hopes that when she gets this puppy I can be helpful. If nothing else I can keep an eye on the situation and maybe make things easier for the dog. She has often told me that she is impressed with how I deal with my dogs so I'm hopeful (maybe naively so) that she'll take my advice with regard to training and/or discipline.:fingerscr

Angies Man
September 1st, 2006, 10:05 AM
Oh, and you'll never guess why she chose a chi/poodlex ... she said they were the two ugliest dogs she could think of and the pups should be interesting! Talk about who should never be allowed to own a dog!!!!!!!!!

From Petfinder.com, this little feller is in the San Jose (CA) pet shelter. He's listed as a poodle chiwawa mix, doesn't look at all UGLY. And neither poodles nor chi's are inherently ugly.

http://myfiero.com/uploads/3597_.jpg

Unfortunately, even stupid people can get dogs.